• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Are Effects Inserts considered renders or pre-renders

Participant ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have an edited project, I exported the sequence to After Effects, I did all the things I need to do with Subtitles, L3RDs, graphs, transitions etc. Now I need to export those pre-comps back into Premiere to layer them on top of the edited sequence. 

How should I organize that sort of thing and/or what is commonplace? As transparnet MOV files I imagine they could be considered renders or pre-renders to some degree. How are FX/Titling inserts foldered and labeled within project structure? 

Any suggestions or feeback at all are very much appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the sequence can't simply be Linked into PPro due to complexity and slower playback, then I've always considered anything rendered from AE then imported into a timeline, as rendered.  If its something simple like titles or basic motion graphics, no point in rendering anything that will run in realtime.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm currently on my back-up MBPro with a 1.5 GPU so I'm just doing drag-and-drop at low rez replay. I should look into linking the two though if I can get the chance.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, any "complex work" done in Ae is best exported from Ae as a full media file. Then import that file into Premiere, and use it to replace the space of the comp on the timeline.

Use something like Cineform or a good Q ProRes or DNx variant.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet, I'll try using those output formats, thanks you guys!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Neil, anything significant I export as a CineForm. For titles, which I love working on in AE, I just import that comp into PP and use that as the title of whatever footage from PP.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines