Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacting on shadows on export

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just learning Premiere a bit and all going well, except I'm getting some pretty aggressive artifacting on a video when I'm exporting it. I've played with bitrate and general export settings, but nothing seems to fix this.

Has anyone got any ideas of what I can try here?

I've uploaded a short clip to illustrate the problem.

Many thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Looks like 'optical flow' artifacting.

Are you slowing down the shot you posted and is it set to use 'optical flow'?

Optical flow is great but it has limitations. It can have trouble with shadows as you can see under the cloth and on the persons shirt. You may (or may not) get a better result by changing the slo-mo speed to something a bit faster. You can also turn off optical flow and use 'frame blending' instead. Unfortunately this won't be nearly as smooth as optical flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need some information.

What's the computer ... OS/CPU/GPU (especially the later) ... and which driver is in use by the GPU.

What's the media involved, produced by what ... and what effects have been applied to the clip.

What your export settings are.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like 'optical flow' artifacting.

Are you slowing down the shot you posted and is it set to use 'optical flow'?

Optical flow is great but it has limitations. It can have trouble with shadows as you can see under the cloth and on the persons shirt. You may (or may not) get a better result by changing the slo-mo speed to something a bit faster. You can also turn off optical flow and use 'frame blending' instead. Unfortunately this won't be nearly as smooth as optical flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know your stuff, Steve!

Spot on, this solved instantly - thanks for the detailed response, really helpful in learning about these things. Would have taken me days to find that option!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines