• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacts / glitches on the timeline in Premiere 15.

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the version 14.9, I've been seeing these weird artifacts on the timeline. They seem to appear only when snap is enabled. Example below:

Apparently, this is still present in the latest premiere beta and I am not alone experiencing this issue either. This user has the exact same problem on 2 different machines:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/timeline-ui-bug-since-pp-14-9/m-p/11940367

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro 20H2

i9 9900K

32GB RAM

GTX 1080ti

latest studio drivers from NVidia: 471.68

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vladimírč,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Is your workspace split across multiple monitors? If so, please temporarily disconnect the secondary display & check if it's working properly? Also, have you installed any third-party extensions for Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I do have a second monitor, but no premiere panels are on the second screen - everything is in the main window on the main screen. Regarding extensions, I am only using Excalibur, however, these artifacts appear in a clean install (no plugins, extensions etc.) as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vladimírč,

Sorry for your issue.

Please make sure that both the GPU drivers are updated. If they are already, go to the Windows Device Manager and disable both of your GPUs one by one and test Premiere Pro (you can re-enable the GPUs from the device manager or restart your computer to enable them). It'll help us to ensure if it's related to the GPU or not. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, sorry for the late response.

I've disabled the GPU adapters and can confirm that the issue is still present.

My drivers are updated and always have been. I install driver updates as soon as they are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see! Have you ever tested the issue after resetting the preferences? https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-How-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-Premiere-Pro/td-p/...

Let us know.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes, I've tried resetting the preferences multiple times. I've even reinstalled windows and premiere a couple of times and 2 days ago, I replaced my motherboard, ram and cpu and the artifacts are still present.

I currently use i9 12900k and 32GB of DDR5 ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, I've tried switching to integrated graphics on the 12900k and the artifacts were still there. This is basically a completely different PC with the mobo, cpu and ram all being replaced. Have there not been other reports of this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines