Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aspect ratio changes when using Essential Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.

Wondering if anyone else has expereienced this and if so, is there a solution?

Whenever I add an essential graphics item to my 16:9 timeline, and then either drag the cursor through the timeline, or step forward using the arrow keys, the aspect ratio of the program monitor flicks to a different ratio whenever I hit the essential graphic item. It's either much wider or much narrower - I can't tell as it happens so quickly.

This happens EVERY time I hit an essential graphic layer, and as I often use quite a lot back to back it is really irritating.

It doesnt happen if I just play the timeline - or on render - and it only happens as I hit the graphic. Its not like its the first fram or anything as it literally just flicks the settles - even when stepping through one frame at a time.

It happens when scrolling either backwards or forwards and happens when entering and exiting the graphics layer.

This has no impact whatsoever on the actual project, its just really irritating when scrolling through the timeline.

And it doesnt seem to be version dependeant or machine depandant as I've had the issue for quite a few previous versions and also in 2 different Macs (Intel and M1)

Anyone have any ideas / solutions.

Thanks

Casey

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Formats , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that ... how odd ... just mind-boggled here. And totally stumped.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Casey,

I use screen-recording (e.g. Camtasia) when something is too fast to see in detail.

I have seen a quick resizing/reframing (that I have NOT screen-recorded, lol) but not necessarily the one you are describing.

My guess is that PR is applying some kind of previewing action that is redone for certain types of material.

Good to hear it does not affect the actual export!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @Stan Jones mentioned, there is a flicker when going in and out of Direct Manipulation which happens when you select and de-select Graphics layers. It's an old bug that goes all the way back to Motion Direct Manipulation and will take some major re-writing, but it is something we've been working for a while.

HOWEVER, the problem you describe here sounds different. It's impossible to say for sure without a screen recording though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines