• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attach Proxies automatically (media start checked) no longer works in V22

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot with a Sony A7s3. I create proxies in camera. Attaching these proxies automatically with the check box of Media Start has always worked perfectly.

However...I just upgraded to V22 of PREMIER. it now forces me to link each clip individually. 
With hunders of clips to link this is a problem. The media start checkbox or any of the other checkboxes no longer connects my clips automatically. 

Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the previous version V.15.4.1 and test it. All the proxies link automatically. This is clearly a bug that needs fixing ADOBE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shocked. I'm just shocked by Adobe's behavior. Destructive and ugly attitude towards customers. All the main functions and workflows are broken in the new version. Adobe, how do you see if users get tired of your flaws and your Premiere Pro software will be useless to anyone???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marcusf28929003,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We have reported this issue to our product team & will try to get this addressed as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

-Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Sony a7s III footage and proxies generates in camera. Worked fine before the 2022-update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sumeet,

It's June 2022 here and you haven't addressed it.  What's up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously....even since the latest update for Prem the proxies STILL dont auto connect like they do on prem 2021. PLEASE ADOBE.....PAY ATTENTION

This is simple stuff. If you break it. 

Please FIX IT 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proxy does not implement a complete replacement of clips on the timeline. Previously, he linked all the clips and replaced them with one click. Now it is unclear what is happening with the Proxy. Aw aw aw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have a huge client project to edit and I cannot bulk attach proxies from my Sony a7siii. I've tried all the different combinations of the 'Match File Properties' and it still won't work. There are thousands of files in this project so doing it manually is not an option.

What is extremely frustrating is Adobe has known about this for over 6 months and has not fixed this. I think this might be why I jump ship to Davinci Resolve. Seriously dumbstruck by Adobe's lack of care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already thinking about it. Here we correspond with ourselves. And Adobe employees only say: write to the user's voice. Excuse me. And what will change.

ADOBE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, DAMN IT? IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING IN YOUR SOFTWARE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THERE HAVE BEEN PROBLEMS FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS AND YOU TURN YOUR HEAD AWAY. SOON IT WILL ALL BE OVER AND YOU WILL BE SCRATCHING YOUR HEAD AT THE MONITOR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in to second everyone's frustration.  I too am having huge problems with this.  I really don't understand how a company that makes tools for professionals thinks its okay that every time they release a new version it's filled with random bugs that ruin your workflow.  Once, twice, okay, but this is just expected every year now, Davinci looking better and better each day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been in direct contact with Adobe on this one. Still nothing
done about it.
Even in this latest update.
Seriously this functionality is vital!!! Especially when you bring in
hundreds of clips.

Adobe. Please turn down your loud we’re making money soundtrack and pay
attention to your core long term users.

And I totally agree. Moving to Davinci is getting more and more enticing
every day.
--
*Marcus Flack*
*Director*

*OKYES*
okyes.com

*OK YES TV*
www.facebook.com/okyestv

marcus@okyes.com
+31 631 966 726

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue! But I found a workaround. The Sony A7SIII creates the proxy files with "S03" on the end if you replace that part with Adobe's standard name for proxies: "_Proxy" than Premiere Pro recognises all the files automatically. I use File Renamer Lite from the Mac App Store to rename the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'MAZING! Thank you! I had a sneaking suspish this might be the fix, but thank you for being the more motivated and clever than me. March 2024 and this is still an issue FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines