Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio & Video get out of sync when skipping head

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm trying to export a video with audio recorded on a microphone that was not connected to the camera used to record. When I render and export it, everything looks great and the video and audio are perfectly synced. 

However, whenever I try to skip ahead in the video, it immediately caused the audio and video to get out of sync. Sometimes there is no audio and other times it is serveral seconds behind. This occurs ONLY when I skip ahead. If I let the video play from beginning to end without skipping, everything remains in sync.

This first was occurring during playback on both my phone and macbook (when I had lower quality export settings, suchas VBR 1-pass rather than 2-pass. After upping some of the settings to what I have mentioend below, this is only occurring during playback only on my phone and no longer on my macbook.

However, I want it to remain in sync even when someone would skip ahead on both the phone and desktop. Help?

--

My sequence settings:

Video-

1920x1080

29.97 fps

Audio-

48000 Hz

Export Settings:

Video-

1920x1080

29.97 fps

Render at Maximum Depth (checked)

Encoding Settings: Software; High; 4.2

Bitrate Settings: VBR, 2 Pass (Target 15; Maximum: 40)

Audio-

48000 Hz

AAC, Stero

Quality: High

Bitrate: 320

Precendence: Bitrate

Use Maximum Render Quality

--

Thank you!

Taylor

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Taylor,

We're sorry to hear about this. We are investigating a similar issue. Please let us know the version of Premiere Pro. Also, would you mind testing the playback of that exported media on any other media player (like VLC) to check if the audio remains in sync?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is common with variable bit rate video.

I recommend downloading the free app Handbrake and converting it to a fixed frame rate video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is common with variable bit rate video.

By @RobShultz

That issue is common with Variable Frame Rate, not Variable Bit Rate.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines