• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio becomes offset by a large margin after opening a project started on another machine

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen_shot_2023-02-14_at_2.35.16_pm.png

image.png

 The first image was from our freelance editor's Mac computer. The second was from our Windows 10 desktop in the office after we opened the same project file. It's the same audio, linked to the same mp3 file. Yet when I opened it on the Windows 10 computer after one editor worked on it on her Mac, the audio became offset so much in each clip that it's unrecognizable.

This happened to us on a much larger project a couple weeks ago over the course of a 30 minute timeline, but only with one layer of audio. The rest of the audio stayed synced just fine.

Did I stumble upon a bug, or is there something that I'm doing wrong? I can't point out what's causing this, it seems to be random. All audio files in question are recorded in the same mp3 format with lapels mics on Sony recorders. All video files are 29.97fps which is what the project source is set to. I use the pluraleyes plugin to sync clips at the started of editing.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same thing happen to me, but I'm working on my macbook pro and went to go open on my MAC desktop the audio files were completely different. I open the file back up on my laptop and it works just fine. Did you happen to fix the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working on a feature here. exact same thing just happened to my audio on a 5.1 mix. offset about 7 seconds.
Switched to a new motherboard between opening it. Something other than mac vs Pc happening here.
Another project i handed off to someone on a mac had the same problem.

Adobe fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines