• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio click / pop using Audio Transition with multi-camera source

Contributor ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this reported in 2020 but I'm only experiencing it now in 2022.

I keep my Voice Over in its own sequence so I can apply effects to my few audio captures, and not have audio effects applied to thousands of tiny audio fragments in my edit sequence. But in trying to trouble-shoot this issue I've rendered a 32-bit-float WAV and replaced my effects-audio-capture with the WAV file, and disabled the original capture and also muted that track.

This is about as simple as a project can get. But it resembles all my 2022 projects, in that my audio capture always sits in a sequence.

And all my 2022 projects have had audio clicks when I use Audio Transition in my main edit (on audio material sitting in sequences). ALL MY 2022 PROJECTS.

Mostly I've experienced this on 2021 MacBook Pro. (12.3.1 Monterey.) (PPro 22.4.0 Build 57.)

Yesterday I tried my same can't-render-non-clicking-audio project on Win10 PC (latest PPro). Same problem.

There's nothing fancy going on here. It is all 48KHz captures and sequences and render. Tried rendering to many different formats.

The problem is 100% intermittent. I keep playing the same moments back while edtiing and sometimes they pop sometimes they don't. I render a video and sometimes a moment pops (clicks) sometimes it does not.

I don't expect I've provided enough information here. Let me know what else I should provide. If you think this is fixed in the beta I'll try the beta... I just assume it is not fixed in the beta unless someone says it is.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I copied the audio sequence to a new project, and the problem moved with it.

I created a New Sequence in the new project, and copy/pasted every element from timeline to timeline, and this DID address the problem.

(I also tried re-creating the problem in a new project, and could not.) I've experienced this in multiple projects. Still don't understand what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines