• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Creeping out of sync upon Export

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newbie here - not a professional by any means, but I know my way around some terminology and settings. I created a 46 minute video shot in 4k 24fps on a Sony a6400 with additional 4k 24fps footage from Sony A7rII. Everything works just fine in the timeline - perfectly synced (and the audo was captured in-camera). Upon export, the audio creeps out of sync. It starts fine, but by the 46 minute mark it is almost 2 seconds out of sync. 

I've tried a few different export settings, but it takes about 4 hours to export, so I can't really troubleshoot very efficiently. The footage info is below:

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 18.75 GB

Image Size: 3840 x 2160

Frame Rate: 23.976

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16-bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:46:13:12

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Alpha: None

Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

My export settings are:

Format: H.264

Preset: Youtube 2160 4k (I also tried Match Source - High Bitrate - same result)

Bitrate Setting: I tried both VBR 2 Pass (Target & Maximum 40) and VBR 1 Pass. Have not tried CBR yet. 

Audio Codec: AAC

Audio Sample Rate: 48000 Hz

Channels: Stereo

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Hi bennet,

What are your computer specs? Perhaps it is not robust enough to playback such a long file at its current bitrate. I would make sure the file is on a fast drive. You can also upload the file and check it online, you can test on a faster computer, or create a HD version to rule out any hardware issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the audio still out of sync when importing the export file into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha! I imported the export file back into premiere and it is back in sync when played in the program. Obviously I'm still left with the issue, but you seem to have an idea of what this means. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bennet,

What are your computer specs? Perhaps it is not robust enough to playback such a long file at its current bitrate. I would make sure the file is on a fast drive. You can also upload the file and check it online, you can test on a faster computer, or create a HD version to rule out any hardware issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I didn't really expect that my computer would be the issue as it's a 2018 Macbook Pro. However, you were rght! I uploaded it and the audio is perfectly synced up! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have one of these computers, bennett. 4K is really a wolf in sheep's clothing. I may have to stick to my new M1 MacBook Pro for 4K playback.  Thanks for your feedback! It will surely help others.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue!  This resolved it.  Thank you!  Also surprised because I've got a 2020 Mac (

2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7)

Question: Given all of this, what then should the export settings be to ensure proper playback on any computer?

If helpful, I had been using similar export settings:

Format: H.264

Preset: Match Source - High Bitrate

Audio Codec: AAC

Audio Sample Rate: 48000 Hz

Channels: Stereo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi n0n0,

I would try encoding to HD and not 4K. It's just fine for playback on any iMac or similar monitor. See if that works for you, if it's acceptable, that is.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I'm not quite sure where to change to HD (screenshot for reference of current settings).  I don't believe I currently have it set to 4K.  Am I missing something there?

n0n0_0-1625163418486.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking it would be variable frame rate footage, but it looks like your footage is all from a camera, no phone footage, etc.

Can you export just say the last 5 or 10 minutes and check that, see if it's still out of sync like the full export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used my iPhone as the Webcam and recorded the interview footage through Riverside.fm.

When I export a 5 minute clip towards the end, it is not out of sync like the full export.

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines