• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio cuts out during playback after switch to Windows 10

Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Windows 7 and the latest version of premiere pro supported. My drive was fried so I'm now using Windows 10 on my second identical drive. I fresh installed the latest adobe apps CC defaulted to and so far the only one with an issue is premiere pro (v 15.4.1). It says my graphics drivers are incompatible and audio drops out randomly on playback. 

I know the driver incompatibility is because my gpu is old. The version of premiere I used under Win 7 still supported it but this version of pro under Win 10 doesn't. What I don't know is what's causing the audio dropouts. It's obviously also related to the OS/version change because these are all the same projects and files I was working on before the switch.

I did the project conversion when prompted. I'm using the latest NVIDIA audio drivers so I guess it's also down to my card, though I have no audio playback problems in any of my other adobe apps. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

I finally solved the problem by downloading an earlier version of Premiere Pro from https://prodesigntools.com/. No more audio dropouts/playback issues. Back to smooth sailing. So much for Adobe support saying "the only solution" is upgrading my gpu. 

Premiere worked fine with my gpu under Windows 7. It only became unusable after moving to Windows 10 and installing a newer version. That meant the issue was either the OS or the newer version. I can't switch back to Windows 7 and Adobe doesn't inc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is to use wave instead of mp3.

Uninstall the nvidia audio drivers.

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other solutions didn't work, like audio hardware input to none, matching sequence sample rate to clips, uninstalling drivers or using different ones, and setting media cache to fastest hard drive. I figured it's a performance thing where newer versions of pro are more taxing on the system so I tried disabling unnecessary timeline features and fx, but that only worked temporarily. Will update if I find another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increasing the latency under audio hardware from the default 200 to 300 fixed my audio dropouts temporarily. So did moving the audio to a new track. The cause of this seems to be different for everyone so the solutions may all be different. Will update again if I figure out a permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally solved the problem by downloading an earlier version of Premiere Pro from https://prodesigntools.com/. No more audio dropouts/playback issues. Back to smooth sailing. So much for Adobe support saying "the only solution" is upgrading my gpu. 

Premiere worked fine with my gpu under Windows 7. It only became unusable after moving to Windows 10 and installing a newer version. That meant the issue was either the OS or the newer version. I can't switch back to Windows 7 and Adobe doesn't include installation for older versions past CC 2020. I needed CC 2019.

I'm so thankful that website had it as well as other apps. I'm not vouching for them. Download at your own risk. I just saw it recommended in another post here and figured I'd give it a go. Glad I did!

Also, if you don't have a CC subscription, you can only use whichever app you download as a trial version. Since I'm subbed, the installation was recognized by and included in my cloud app as normal, so it's as if I installed it directly from Adobe (see screenshot). Hopefully this helps someone else!

shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines