• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Cuts Out On Export

Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm baffled. When I export a normal timeline, one track of audio randomly cuts out then comes back. It's the dialogue track, it plays fine in the sequence. This has been happening for months, but I used to be able to fix it by turning off Multiband compressor or moving the audio off of track one. But now I do that same thing and it still happens. I'm exporting two timelines, both using the same codecs, recorded using the same software, but one export drops the audio for three seconds. The music and sound effects continue to play, but the dislogue cuts out. Then I export it again, and it's fine.

I'm running a brand new PC, Intel 13900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce 3080 Ti with a fully upgraded Premiere on Windows 11. I can't deliver anything because the audio randomly cuts out for no reason. In the decade I've been using premiere this has never happened until a few months ago. What's happening to this software?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Hi All,
Sorry for this problem. We have made one fix regarding the intermittent audio dropouts from exported files in the latest beta builds.  This fix is available in both Premiere and Media Encoder beta builds. 

Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)/Media Encoder(Beta) 
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey daniel,

Sorry for the poor experience. Could you confirm the exact version of Premiere Pro you're currently using? Is it 23.1? Do you see this issue while exporting using specific export settings? If so, please share your export settings. Could you try right-clicking on the audio clip and selecting Render and Replace? Let us know if you still see the issue. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening for multiple versions now and I'm currently on 23.1.0 Build 86. And this is on two different computers now too. It happens randomly, I export three times and it cuts out on two out of the three with exactly the same settings. I have all the NVENC features on, I'm using Match Source - High Bitrate, Match Source - Medium Bitrate or Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate. These are one-minute long pieces, and the cut out always happens near the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. Could you let us know what the Format is set to? You should see that filed under the Preset field. Did you try the Render and Replace workaround? Also, would it be possible for you to share your collected project files so we can try reproducing the issue on our end? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its all the default settings for Match Source - High Bitrate. Format is H.264. This morning, I woke up, replaced a photo in the timeline, exported, and the dialogue cut out two seconds in and never came back, but the music and sound effects kept playing. Then I changed nothing, exported again, and the audio exported fine. The video is about one minute long. I can't share my project publically but here's a screen grab of the timeline. I have no audio effects on anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you change the Format to Quicktime, set the Preset to Prores 422 LT, and let us know if you still see the audio drop? If you could share the project file and a copy of the exported file with the audio issue through a personal message, we can forward the files to the engineering team for testing. You won't have to share the files publicly. Let us know if that's possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said before, it drops randomly. I export once, the audio drops, then I export ten seconds later, and the audio is there. Export again, the audio drops, again, it drops, again, it drops, again, it's there. It's hard to troubleshoot due to the random nature of the dropouts. Changing the format to quicktime and preset to prores 422 LT is unnecessary because I keep all the same settings and its russian roulette whether the audio will drop or not.

Could the audio interface I'm using have any effect? I'm guessing not, but just in case, I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen) audio interface. It's plugged in via USB and is connected to my external speakers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a private message, let me know if you got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your workflow permits, check if the Quicktime format is exporting correctly every time. If that's something you cannot do every time while exporting, try setting the Performance to Software Encoding in the Export settings. I'm not sure about the audio interface. Since it's an input device, I believe that it shouldn't be, but just to be sure, go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and set the Default Input field to No input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel, when the audio goes missing is that silence being encoded into the exported media itself?  Just wondering if it's a playback issue or encoding issue.  If you re-import the exported clips into Premiere, do the waveforms look different than the source sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct, the playback drops only one track of audio, then it cuts back in, sometimes it drops throughout. My latest export it dropped out half way through. It is not a playback issue, here's a screenshot of the waveform in Premiere. I send it out for review and they hear the drop out also. But then I exported again after testing that bad one, and the audio came out okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same exact problem and it started 2.5 years ago. It continues no matter the premiere version, and it is completely sporadic: sometimes it cuts a minute of an audio, sometimes several seconds.

I've figured out how to reproduce the bug - ir you lover the background music to zero, next clip with its own audio layer may syffer from the loss of sound. here is when it sometimes happen.

I stay with an author - it has nothing to do with export format (i've used three different formats, but mostly H.264 and H.265) and it isn't fixed with never AP versions (exists from.. ~2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,
Sorry for this problem. We have made one fix regarding the intermittent audio dropouts from exported files in the latest beta builds.  This fix is available in both Premiere and Media Encoder beta builds. 

Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)/Media Encoder(Beta) 
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your project files(&media) here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html and we will check on our end.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines