Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio cuts out - prores422HQ

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having issues with the audio compnent of footage I am trying to view/edit in PP. Basically, the audio cuts out, comes back in, cuts out again as the clip is played (both in source and program monitor).  I have seen a number of posts about this but not yet been able to make a fix.  Here are the details:

- Footage is Prores422 HQ, 4K (Nikon Z6 + NinjaV)

System is:

Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2 64bit

Intel i7-10870H 2.2Ghz

32GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX3080

I've turned GPU acceleration to ON, ensured audio sample rate matches source rate (48000Hz), changed default input to 'no input' in Audio Hardware.

While I have cleared the cache, I have not pointed caching to a separate drive, or moved my source files to a separate drive.  These fixes, I believe, are for when the system is lagging(?) - stuttering and struggling to render etc.  I'm not having those kinds of issues, my issues is simply the audio cuts in and out.  To underscore this, the footage plays fine on my old machine - a 2012 MBP with only 16GB RAM and much older everything (processor, GPU etc).  So, I'm guessing it's an issue with trying to use Apple ProRes422 HQ on a windows machine? And I'm hoping it's just a matter of adjusting some settings somewhere?

I have seen the posts/news about PP supporting ProRes RAW....but I'm not sure (and certainly the practical evidence suggests) that this applies to ProRes422 HQ?  I'm not super tech savvy and have only limited experinece with shooting ProRes so any advice to get this working for me on my new Windows machine would be great.

Thank you kindly.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this. Are you experiencing this issue specifically with Prores422 HQ files or is it happening with other formats as well? Also, is the timeline playing back properly after rendering (Sequence > Render In to Out)?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sumeet,

It happens only with ProRes422HQ files. No previous issues with other formats. So, yes, the footage on the timeline does play back smoothly after rendering, however, the problem remains in the Source monitor...which makes it very frustrating when watching and selecting clips to bring to the timeline in the first place.  So yes, rendering  In and Out points does help, but this means I would have to render all the clips on the timeline just to watch them properly and make selections, edits, only to delete some later (the ones that I don't want in the final cut).  Is there another way to solve the issue without having to render all the clips as this is time consuming and ineffecient when a lot of the clips will be deleted immediately after they've been viewed?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a little more to ad to this...

While the render (In and Out) has helped, it does not seem to be completetly effective at solving the problem in multi-cam clips.   At first glance it's fine....but the audio drop out returns after some time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Continuing on....I think the problem is that everytime I make some adjustments to the multi-cam clips (adjusting cuts between cam 1 and 2 for example) the clip needs to be re-rendered again to stop the audio drop out problem returning. Again, this is not ideal as I will be chopping and changing my multi-cam options a lot to get my edit right which means I'll have to contstantly stop to render in/outs each time I make a few adjustments to the edit, even if the adjustments are experimental/trial and error and may be undone/deleted or reverted upon review....so again, the render in/out as a solution is a bit clunky and time consuming....is there another option?

Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines