Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio distortion recorded via XLR

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I recorded a video press conference with my Canon R5 mirrorless camera via XLR cable (headphone jack to XLR adapter to XLR cable into many XLR outputs). 

While everything is fine when viewing the raw footage (.mp4) on a computer, once imported into PremierePro, the audio playback in timeline becomes awfully distorted and quiet, even if exported.

Never had any problems with audio when using RODE NTG mic or Wireless GO II on a Canon R5, or when I used Panasonic GH5s via XLR in the same conference room.

I uploaded a piece of the video on YouTube (it switches between fine audio (another cameraman gave me his footage and I synced his audio with my video) and distorted.)

https://youtu.be/-0ZtDDIw-Jw

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

FAQ: What information should I provide when ask... | Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whether your reply is sarcasm since I obviously didn't follow guidelines on how to post a question.

Macbook M1 Max 16", latest macOS version

Adobe CC - latest version everything

No third party anything

And No Input audio hardware doesnt help anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sounds like you have noise removal enabled in a track somewhere. try importing video into a new project.

i'd also trying importing .wav as well(transcode to prores with shutter encoder) to check if its premiere or a file compatibility problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines