• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio exported from audacity gives error or lags the project after importing to Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! So, I recorded a short audio clip in Audacity and exported it to mp3. After I tried to import it to premiere, this poped up

DivineKataroshie_0-1629124012217.png

DivineKataroshie_1-1629124231325.png

So I tried different formats like WAV, but even tho they did enable me to importe the audio and put it on a timeline, it lagged the project so much it became basically unusable. I disabled any audio input sources, reseted premiere to default settings and unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

TOPICS
Audio , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Formats , How to , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

13.1 with the most recent update?

Set audio to 48kHz and preview to Prores LT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 13.1 on Windows 10 (with the most recent update). My graphics and audio drivers are up to date, however after installing Audacity I did have a weird audio glitch where I didn't hear anything on my right heapdhone untill I rebooted the system. And as I mentioned, it appears with every single format I exported in. So Wave, Mp3. OGG 

DivineKataroshie_0-1629128790113.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.1 with the most recent update?

Set audio to 48kHz and preview to Prores LT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much ❤️ it did indeed fix the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/36068839 They are definetly good enough for handling this type of work. It's the first time I'm encounterign this issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines