• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio from Multiclip does not playback in timeline.

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nested audio from multiclip will only playback if it's in a certain AUDIO layer in the timeline, and will not play back when it's moved to a diffrerent layer... or it will only playback if I start the playing back at a certian point in the timeline, otherwise it will not playback.  Sometimes it won't playback at all.  This is a new problem... started about 2 months ago.  HELP?!!!!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which PrPro version are you on currently? I think 15.2 had this issue with nested clips for some people.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you're on 14.9 to keep working for a project?

You can add the newer 15.4 version, make sure that the Creative Cloud preferences are set to not remove older versions. And you can see if 15.4 works properly for you by simple testing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, staying on 14.9 but I've checked with colleagues using 15.4 and they are also experiencing the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issues for the last month, on the latest version of Premiere 2021. I'm running it on a 5k iMac with 64 GB of RAM and connected to a server via 10GB ethernet connection. I'm writing render/preview files to my internal drive, and PEKs to my internal (as much as possible). I have audio stop playing randomly in different places every day. I am cutting a feature doc with tons of hours of footage, all setup in nested multiclips. That said - we had no problems until we upgraded to Premiere 2021 recently. 

I talked with a few other editors today and this appears to be a bug with the new version of Premiere and the only 2 things that MOSTLY solve it are:

1) Right Click on the nested audio clip only and go to "Multiclip" and select "enable" it if it is not already.

2) match frame on the audio, and bring in the un nested audio by deslecting the linked media button on the timeline panel. I can't remember the name of it - but its the button furthest to the left in this photo.

premiere_timeline_button.png

Mainly, I'm chiming in here to lodge a complaint with Adobe to fix this ASAP. Un Nesting the audio is counter to the point of working with multiclips in the first place and would be a pain in the a** to do on a feature length timeline. All the premiere editors I know for long form series and features have created workflows based around multiclips and this is a major speedbump at the moment. I'm a big fan of the platform and I don't want to learn yet another software, so please hurry up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

In our postproduction company we run in the same problem.

First we made a multiclip sequence with different audio clips inside. When we edit this multiclip sequence in a non chronological way in a new sequence, the audio playback drops when the playhead passes a cut.

If the multiclip sequence was edited in a chronological way in the sequence, the issue doesn't occur.

This 'bug' is present in Premiere Pro v14.9 -> v15.4.

I confirm the issue is not present in v13.1.5. (Premiere v2019)

More people with the same experience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines