• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio gets messed up in a video file

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing a video file into Premiere. The audio sounds fine before, but once I bring it in, it turns into a brick wall and is horribly distorted/clipped. 

TOPICS
Audio , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Premiere or Premiere Elements? They are very different programs.

Can you post a screenshot of your timeline showing what it looks like when you get this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a shot. See how it's a huge brick. It sounds fine before, but something is happening when I bring it in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any idea what it might be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not respond to Steve's first question - also the version might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a picture. 

And yes I'm in Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Elements to Premiere Pro forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Premiere Pro. I don't have elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noah,

Thanks for the note. Hope we can help. What is the format of the audio? You can download the free app, Media Info, to get that info. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio format is: MPEG-4 AAC, 44100 Hz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Noah, 

Sorry about all this. As I suspected, something tells me that you are hitting a bug with AAC audio. I see others with AAC hitting a similar problem: .mp3s and AVCHD footage which also has AAC audio. AAC is supposed to be handled by the OS, but it might also be a Premiere Pro issue. I'm pretty sure that this is a recent issue, maybe since 23.0. It has taken me this long to figure out the issue. Sorry!

For a workaround, I think it's possible to import the footage to Shutter Encoder (or use FFMPEG if you know how), to rewrap the audio to another container. Then, import the clip into Premiere Pro for replacing the clip with audio that will sound correctly. 

In the meantime, I will see if a bug exists on this issue yet or not and will file one, if not, and I can reproduce it over here. If you have a sample file you can upload, that would expedite the process. PM me with a link to the URL if you'd like to keep it private. Hope I can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines