Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio import problem in Premiere Pro CC 2019

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I have a really strange problem with Premiere Pro lately. Sometime, when I import a video and put it in a sequence, the audio isn't normal at all. I can open the video with VLC or with the Windows video player and the sound is correct, but in Premiere there is nothing (and sometimes there is some "bip" too).

capt01.png

It's not the Premiere file the problem but the video importation it seems. Because I can import multiple video and the problem is only on some videos (and whatever the Premiere files, it's persistent).

Here is the properties of two videos :

- One which sound is correctly imported

capt02.png

capt022.png

- and the other one with the sound completely wrecked

capt01.png

capt011.png

As you can see, there is no difference between them (except the file size).

I tried multiple solution about the cache :

- Delete it with the preference panel of premiere pro ;

- Delete the file "Common" of Appdata/Roamaning/Adobe ;

- Rename the file "Common" too ;

- Tried to rename the video file without - or / or _ ;

But it changed nothing...

The only solution I founded is to convert my mp4 into mp3 with a web site, it works but I do edit on multiple videos a day so it's a real bummer.

Thank you for the help !

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you're using files with h.264 codecs so you can try disabling the hardware-accelerated decoding from preferences > media > uncheck "enable hardware-accelerated decoding" and restart premiere pro.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly it changes nothing 😞

rififa11_1-1623241255500.png

Even after unchecking it and restart the program, the same videos still import with no sound

rififa11_2-1623241328542.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try encoding the video with an Adobe media encoder and try to import it back and see it works in premier pro.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked, but for a 1 hour and 15 minutes video it had taken 5 minutes to encoding it with an Adobe media encoder.

If I have to do this, I might as well continue as before (convert my mp4 to a mp3, it's much quicker).

I don't understand this problem because all videos have the same settings. For some context, I edit past live event to have a replay and they all came from the same live platform. I really don't understand why I can view them in VLC with sound without any problem but not some in Premiere 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines