Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Mixdown phase issues

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have had to reopen a series of films for a client to add some new VO.

The workflow has been cut in PP then export multitrack session to Audition. The issue is that the timing of the film has changed and the simplest solution is to reexport the mixdown from Audition, minus the music track and lay it back to Premier & then add the new VO clip, shunt the music back to time & make all the changes there.

The issue I have is that when rexporting the mix, there seems to be an echo/delay being added to the track, yet the audio is spot on on in Audiiton. When I open the mixdown I am hearing this delay.  Feels alsmost as if the stereo track is out of phase or something. I have tried exporting at different bit rates and all the rest of it. I have tried a mono send etc.

Needless to say the mix down worked when I did it for the original version of the film, so what is going on?

Clip attached.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the wave forms in Premier, there is defintely some sort of phase issue on the export...

Stereo waves forms are not lining up. See screen shot. So what is going on here? Do I simply need to update Audition & retry the export...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have done usual hosue keeping and updated to PP/AU 2022. Problem persists.

I really need to fix this as I have a ton of work to get through in the next couple of days, so if there are any Adobe peeps knocking about please message me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the spirit of marking my own homework...which happenes too often...looks like a  corrupt file as I have not been able to replicate on other AU files...

Now need to think how to fix so I cdo not have to redo the dub....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines