• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Mute when fast forwarding on Adobe Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently we are having an issue with our Adobe Premiere Pro.

When we are using external storage(Isilon&Mediagrid) and to do NLE editing, when performing fast forwarding  (L)x4 and above, the audio becomes mute.

We access external storage using 10G network and external storage has throughput 40,000mbps.

We don’t notice issue during using internal storage which is using SSD .

Details of workstation:

Processor: INTEL® XEON® CPU E5-1650 V4 @ 3.160GHZ, 3193 MHz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

SSD: 1TB PCIe (HP Z TURBO DRIVE QUAD)

RAM: 64GB

GPU:NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB.

Kindly advise if there is any setting that we can change to avoid audio being mute during fast forwarding when editing from external storage.

Moving from Premiere ELEMENTS to Premiere PRO... Mod

To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi QA65CDB,

Sorry. I'm wondering a few things about your audio issue. It sounds like a performance issue. I think I need more info.

• First. You mentioned one workstation.
    • How many people is "we?"
    • What do you mean by this?
    • Do they have a computer too? If so, what kind of computer do they have?
    • Is this "network drive" connected to more than one workstation?
  • Second. Which format is being edited with?
    • Which camera did the footage come from?
    • Were proxies or transcodes made when you started the project?
  • Third. Has this "network drive" ever worked when shuttling audio at high speed?
    • If so, what changed since then?
    • If not, what makes you think this system should not have this audio issue?

Sorry for all the questions. I am just trying to get a clearer picture on what you have there, what material you are working with, how many streams you are editing, the throughput per stream that you need, and what needs to be done, in general. Unfortunately, there are not many resources for troubleshooting network attached drives, SANs, NAS, etc. I do hope I can help, though.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Kevin,

1)Only one person access the file at a time. Single worksation with 10G is accessing the file at time. We are using Dell-EMC Isilon storage. There are multiple Adobe NLE workstation that are connected to the storage as attached image. There is no issue when multiple user accessing the storage as it as very high throughput(40,000Mbs). We use SMB protocol to access the file

2) Material comes from multiple providers and also our recording ports. The format we used is Quicktime (MOV) or MXF. The codec we use is XDCAM HD 422 50Mbs. 

3)It was not an issue previously as we don’t fast forward during the editing process. Recently only we have requirement to do fast forward during editing. There is no issue with the video during the forward, only the audio. 

Our setup is as advice by Best Practices: Working with Productions (adobe.com)

We use isilon storage and the design similar to How Adobe and Isilon OneFS Deliver Rock Solid Collaboration for Post-Production | Dell Technologies

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! 

Did you find any solution for this? I'm experiencing the same issue while editing with material from an external storage at a MacBook Pro (2017) 

Processor 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
I made 1080 Apple Pro Res 422 proxies from 4K Photo JPEG footage from a Canon EOS 1dx mark iii and I while I'm playing clips inn fast forward frome the Timeline I get a few seconds of audio but then it goes off.

Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks!

Hope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines