• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio not showing up in Timeline

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason some of the video clips I try to drag into the timeline show up with no audio track. Yet, if I open up the file in QuickTime the audio sounds completely fine.

Any help with this? It's extremely frustrating and I cannot seem to find the solution anywhere else on here.

THanks,

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been discussed a million time on the forum.

its called souce patching.

My screendump is wearing out.

source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Condensing clown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also has to do with memory resources and a bug in Adobe Preimere that requires a restart to fix. Man these "pros" are so so special can't beleive they take time out of there presious day to jump on and spout their expertise in all things Premire. I hope we can all take a min to appreciate them (giant eye roll). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Restart fixed it. Dunno what the pic waas trying to convey. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and here is the link to the FAQ that answers it as well:

FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob! A quick googling gave me this post and your link.

PD. And to @Ann Bens please, get a life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's answer was succint, direct, and ... exactly the same information as PeruBob's link ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll desagree with that. Peru Bob was in deed short and utilitarian, and educated.
"This has been discussed a million time on the forum" is a non necessary add on. Just post the link and move on. Be easy on people, even if "Has been discussed a million time on the forum". This is my first time on this bug/setting, so (As i wrote) a quick googling gave me this post and Bob's link.

Hope been clear about it.
Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums are actually fairly impersonal by nature. One very crucial piece to remember is this forum is viewed by far more people than the ones actually involved. The information isn't just for the person posting a comment, but for all who view later.

And the reminder that an issue has been covered many times is used "around here" to point out the wisdom of a quick forum search, as most things posted have actually been dealt with before.

Ann is actually a lot more ... "gentle" ... than a couple of the old curmudgeons that used to help out a ton around here. They were curt, direct, short, and blunt. Never intended anything as a personal attack, and neither expected anyone to respond emotionally to their posts. Which were alway direct and spot on useful data. Nothing more.

And yea, they were the main answer folks when I started out. I never took their blunt summations that I'd done something wrong personally. I simply learned and changed my habits.

They saved my bacon numerous times. And somehow, I survived emotionally ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neil, with all due respect, most of the people who are here are not part of the community, just looking for a quick answer.

Although Ann sometimes can be agressive, especially when she has to use the same comment over and over again, it does not warrant any of the users to bully her, or anyone else.

Maybe this experience will reemind us that we are here to share knowledge even if we have to do it a millions time, not to police people if they asking a question that has been asked before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines