• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio on Clips Drops on Export

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second project that I've had this issue in.

Trying to export my edited timeline I'm finding that some clips render in the export without the audio track from the clip. It works okay with the music and sound effects.

The source clips affected are all from a GoPro Hero 8, so I guess they're H.264/H.265.

When I run the export I usually select the output tp be 4K Ultra, or YouTube 4K.

I've never had the problem before the most recent update - 15.4.0 Build 47

I've tried various work arounds;

• using the audio effcts to fill left/right
  • export multiple times and then cut those sections together that have the audio
  • render in to out one the problem clips, then export using previews
  • rebdered using Media Encoder 2021

Each of those has given some slight fix, but it's still randomly missing out audio.

Is this a bug with the recent release? Or is there something anyone can suggest?

Cheers

Simon

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

AMD FX 4300 Quad-Core 3.8GHz
32 GB RAM
1TB SSD
Nvidia Quadro M2000

TOPICS
Audio , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

Another editor I know told me earlier today that he's had the same problem.

His seemed to be caused by his hard drives being full.

So having checked my C drive I found it was very full, so have reduced the contents to 50% of what it was.

It seems to have improved, but still found two clips where the the audio from the A roll clips hasn't rendered in the export.

I've gone back to try again having done a preview render on the problematic clips first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the EXACT same problem and I have PLENTY of available disk space.  It's a random points, the audio just drops out for about 5-10 seconds, then picks up again in my exported MP4.

When I playback in my sequence, no issue with audio at all.  

The ONLY solution so far seems to be to render out again and hope ... so far a 2nd render has worked.  But after researching this problem and (I on Pr 22.0.0 (Build 169)) finding MANY other users with the exact same issue and no resolution, I'm kinda surprised Adobe haven't acknowledged or addressed this?

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone back to Pr 2020 and had no problems whatsoever with this issue, Rob.

I've edited a load programmes since August, when I first reported this issue to Adobe all in the previous version.

I've just checked CC and see there's an update available to 15.4.1 so I'll give that go for my next project and see if it's resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another UPDATE:

I decided to give PP 2022 a go after making a number of changes with hardware.

I had already installed a 1TB SSD but I'm also now keeping it less that half full by archiving my projects to another drive much sooner than otherwise.

The most recent addition is a new graphics card: Nvidia Quadro RTX4000

Since upgrading to PP 2022 I've edited three projects; the first two had that same issue, missing audio on a couple of clips.

The fix of adding an effect - fill right with left, resolved the issue on both occasions.

However, the third one, completed yesterday, tthat didn't work at all.

What I've found though is that if I did a separate export of just the edit with the offending clips in, it will export to an .mp4 file with the audio fully intact.

So I created a new project, used the full exported .mp4 in the timeline, then dropped the audio from the .mp4 clips that included the correct audio in the relevant place.

Export that; and there it is, a complete audio track.

That's been the quickest fix so far.

The issue seems to be when using H.265 files which GoPro and a growing list of cameras produce.

I'd hoped my new GPU would have helped, and it may have, but not completely.

I'll be updating my computer next year - a faster motherboard and CPU may do the trick...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update:
Now running PP 22.4.0 (Build 7).

I'm having very frw problems exporting with auido all intact, although it does happen occasionally.

What's really helped is using proxies. I have no explanation why this might have worked, but it has helped enormously.

I'll be moving to a new computer later this year. I suspect that having an up to date motherboard and processor will resolve the issues I've had even further.

In the meantime I'm sticking with using proxies.

Cheers

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That should read "Build 57"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines