• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync after multiple exports, cannot fix

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need some help if possible.  I have went through multiple threads on this forum and cannot find any solution.

I have two files that I have imported into my project.  They are both .mp4's from a Samsung S9 at 1080p.  The files on my PC are about 6gb together.  Watching them on my pc they are completely in sync from start to finish.  After importing:  The video stays in line with the audio until about 30 of the 50 minutes.  Then from 30-40 you can see the audio starting to not match the lips.  Then from 40 to 50 it completely gets out of sync and doesn't match in the end at all.

Even when I cut several clips, moved them and adjusted so that they are correct in Premier Pro.  I then export and I see the same thing.  I think this is called slippage???  Don't know the right term but I have never had this issue in making simple videos.

Thanks for any d

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

You are working with a variable frame rate footage, since most cell phone videos work this way due to some motion changes in the video.

Please use applications that can transcode your footage to a constant frame rate before importing them to premiere pro.

try this solution and keep me in touch if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are working with a variable frame rate footage, since most cell phone videos work this way due to some motion changes in the video.

Please use applications that can transcode your footage to a constant frame rate before importing them to premiere pro.

try this solution and keep me in touch if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooo much, it worked!  I read several different threads that had the same issue, tried all their solutions and nothing worked.

For future folks, I took both original video files and processed them to a constant frame rate.  Imported into premiere, exported and it worked like a charm!

Thanks "joellebh" for your quick and helpful response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we trancose the footage?  What application do I need? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use handbrake, free and good

HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines