• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync Premiere pro cc 2017

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Im trying to do some edits in premire, but whenever I import my video, it imports the audio out of sync. Is there a setting to fix this?
The file tyme Im using is a quictime movie with a h.264 codec, AAC and its 1920x1080

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Changing to constant frame rate in Handbrake worked great. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to record the media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gonzo_gnar,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Please let us know if you need assistance.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

I have the same issues. the audio is sync at the beginning and then starts to go out of sync drasticly.

It's material from a Sony a7s (mp4, AVC Coding 3840x2160) and the audio was recoded separately and is mp3 now.

Project is 48KHz as the mp3. Video is 25p as the project.

Editing the Sony material since two year and never had these issues. Last time I had it in Final Cut Pro.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks

Florian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. When I play my video outside of premiere it's fine. When I import it, the audio and video are out of sync. The file is 1920x1080, 44khz, mp4, 192kbps bit rate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Florian czar de, jes,

I am really sorry for late response. It happens when the Video/Audio is recorded in variable frame rate.

Just for a test, Please transcode the files in https://handbrake.fr/  to constant frame rate & test again.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm downloading Handbrake now to see if it will work. Long term having to transcode these videos before I edit them isn't a workable solution. Is Premier working on a fix for this? It's my understanding that Final Cut doesn't have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to record the media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the project was corrupt in a way. I created a new one and now it is all fine.

The mp4 files are from a Sony Alpha 7s and they normally work perfect in Premiere.

I moved from FCP7 to Premiere because I did want to convert mp4 to mov anymore.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's always a good troubleshooting option, testing in a new sequence/project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used handbrake on the file I was editing and it worked. I've been doing some digging and I think I've figured out the problem. My church switched streaming services recently and the new one has an "adaptive frame rate" option. I started having problems with syncing right around the time we starting using that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jes,

See if the device has a constant frame rate option.

As I understand it, FCP X does transcode variable frame rate video in the background (and why transcoding in QuickTime is an alternative to Handbrake if you're on Mac), so the issue is minimized and is not in the foreground for the customer. That's pretty slick. If you'd like to see something similar in Premiere Pro, give us a request here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response from Adobe is a little disheartening.  It is not solely because of the variable framerate.  The better answer is that Premiere Pro can't handle a variable file and the developers haven't spent time on it because the market is so small.  The pros don't use software that records footage like this therefore why would Adobe cater to such a small audience that does.  Even though our audience is growing I don't believe we are a priority. 

I am very interested in hearing of a better option.  Should we use a higher end graphics card to record footage.  Shadowplay is becoming so mainstream but it's the choke point between recording and using PP. And using a 3rd party software like Handbrake is just not an acceptable answer in order to use a product we pay high dollar to use.  Even using Handbrake causes PP to have issues.  I've re-encoded 20 different presets combinations and PP isn't able to preview (scrub) these very well either.  After using handbrake you'll notice your CPU usage start to max while scrubbing and the preview will stutter.  Even when using a scratch disk opposite of the OS and it being an fast M2 SSD from Intel. 

I am guessing it has something to do in their conforming process during import.  Ever notice that when you import your footage PP conforms the file.  Link below explains this audio .  This is why the footage is different when you listen to it inside of PP and you don't when you preview it outside of PP.  This is the only thing that influenced your file.  This audio/video sync debate has been going on now for many many years.  Just google and you'll see what I mean.  When the market becomes large enough Adobe will step in and provide us an option inside their application. The only other choice until then is to use a different Editing software.  Sony Vegas I was reading the other day does have a sync option within their application. 

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 * Conforming audio 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should we use a higher end graphics card to record footage.

Step 2b sill solve this.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture card. Sorry. My 1080ti and I had a long night if drinks. She was on my brain. Still recovering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ToddyPkc,

You might try your screen captures with OBS, which can capture at a constant frame rate and will import into Premiere Pro without sync drift. Please try it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a client record a video on her iphone and I edited in Premier pro. I am great at graphics, but the tech stuff is a little confusing. Would her iphone have the variable frame rate that is causing the problem? She did 4 videos. 2 are bad, 2 are ok. Any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CrisG,

Would her iphone have the variable frame rate that is causing the problem?

Yes, especially in low light conditions.

Any tips?

Transcode the problematic video footage in QuickTime or Handbrake. See if that works once reimported to Premiere Pro. In the future, have her shoot with the app "Filmic Pro." On the iPhone that has generated constant frame rate clips as long as they are less

In the future, have her shoot with the app "Filmic Pro." On the iPhone that has generated constant frame rate clips as long as they are less than a minute or two in length and the bit rate is not too high. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a crazy fast response! Thanks!! Her videos are more like 5-7 mins long. I am not sure why she didn't use her computer. What should she do (program or app) for long videos on phone or computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey CrisG,

Her videos are more like 5-7 mins long. I am not sure why she didn't use her computer. What should she do (program or app) for long videos on phone or computer?

I think you can shoot 5 minute clips in the iPhone with FilmicPro in HD. Do a test. I start breaking down with longer clips and shooting 4K. Personally, I tried to shoot a doc on my iPhone and am giving up on that idea as it's not reliable enough for sync, long takes, 4K recording, and not enough features. I am buying a 4K camcorder as a more reliable means of recording video.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like adobe premiere should make it easier just to import nay footage from a iPhone.

Im having the same problem and reading all these post is very confusing. 

So what I am hearing is. Don't should social vids on your iPhone?

Guess I will go back to final cut pro that doesn't have this problem at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what I am hearing is. Don't should social vids on your iPhone?

Correction.  Don't shoot anything you want to edit on your phone.

Or to be totally safe, you can also just go with - Don't shoot anything on your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SimonN,

seems like adobe premiere should make it easier just to import nay footage from a iPhone.

Im having the same problem and reading all these post is very confusing. 

I agree with you. Please make a feature request.

Don't should social vids on your iPhone?

I use one. However, I shoot with Filmic Pro, not the native camera app. No trouble for short videos.

Guess I will go back to final cut pro that doesn't have this problem at all

That is certainly an option for you. Their encoders currently can transcode this footage.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing to constant frame rate in Handbrake worked great. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cgallo99,

Thanks for letting us know the status.

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines