Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio playback choppy and out of sync with video

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

I have been working on a project for my company and upon moving my editing station and booting up the pc, Premiere began displaying a bug I have never seen before. Premiere is giving extremely choppy audio, and more interestingly, audio that is faster than the source video. This happens from both the source monitor and project monitor and happens no matter what type of media I use. Perplexingly, Premiere exports everything unmolested and in good shape; with no audio issues and in proper quality. I will also add that I am not experiencing any video playback issues, only choppy audio that is faster than it should be. Premiere and Windows are up to date, and PC specs are as follows: 

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 4.05 GHz

RAM: 16GB

Windows 10 64-bit

Happy to provide any more info to anyone who can be of help, 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Hello 

1-Please try to Go to Preferences>Audio Hardware, and set your input to No Input.

2-What kind of media are you working with? If you're working with phone or screen capture then your issue could be related to VFR: https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/wiki/faq/vfr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Easy fix and easily corrected. I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still the right answer a year later! Thanks for the tip. Just wish it hadn't taken me 3 hours to find this answer. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

1-Please try to Go to Preferences>Audio Hardware, and set your input to No Input.

2-What kind of media are you working with? If you're working with phone or screen capture then your issue could be related to VFR: https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/wiki/faq/vfr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My input was not set to No Input. Correcting this solved the problem. Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines