• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio plug-In parameters reset to default when cutting region

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am repeatedly running into an issue with Premiere Pro (2021). I have also encountered this issue on previous versions. 

I often work with video files that have audio that needs processing, usually a lav mic of some kind and most of the time only needs a quick EQ and limiter. I then need to edit said video file, which means cutting the video and audio regions. I prefer to do the audio processing (and video colour correction) before starting my edits, this way I only have to process the audio once, and then when I cut an audio region, the processing I did at the beginning is on each new region created from cutting the original.

Here lies the problem. When I cut an audio region, sometimes, but not always, the audio plug-ins I used to process the audio at the start, resets all parameters to the default setting.

To clarify, let’s say I have an audio region and I've used a limiter to increase the level of the audio. Inside the audio plug-in, I've changed the parameter 'Threshold' from '0' to '-18' (dB). Then, I cut my video & audio region into two regions using the Razor Tool. Now, the first regions limiter parameters have not changed. But, the newly created region has the limiter on the audio channel, but the 'Threshold' parameter has defaulted to '0', rather than the '18' I set it to.

This is also happens when I copy & paste audio plug-ins from region to region. So, let’s say I have two separate video files, both with attached audio, in one timeline. If I make changes to those parameters within the audio plug-ins, and then copy and paste those plug-ins from one audio region to the next, all of the parameters default back to their original settings.

Does anyone know if this is a setting that I can change, or have any other info on the matter? It is a highly frustrating and time consuming bug/feature that I feel is probably quite easy and quick to fix.

Thanks in advance for any help on the issue.

James

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting development, this is 100% guaranteed if I make an edit to a region whilst the video is playing. If the playhead is moving and I make an edit further down the timeline, all the audio plug-in parameters reset back to default settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines