For some reason since last week when I've tried to play this edit I've been working on for a few months, the audio is playing weirdly, kind of stuttering and also at a faster rate then it should be:
You'll also note that when I scrub back and replay it from different points, the music plays differently each time - the first time, it changes to the faster beat when it cuts to the low shot of the building, but when I replay it from that point, it instead does it later mid-way through the next shot ...
And when I render out the video (as I did with the following short except), it renders out as it should do, no distortions and the music is playing at the right speed:
This is recent, I've not had this issue before, I was editing up to this point with no problem, it has suddenly just happened and I'm not sure why. No other program I have is experiencing the same audio issues. I've not changed how the software renders previews. I have tried clearing my caché and I've upgraded the software to the latest version. No success.