Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Audio Sync Problem: New to Premiere

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a mini dv tape digitized by Southtree which came back and mP4.  I created a Premiere Project and started editing sequences.  The full hour long tape plays fine but when I'm editing sequences everything from the first half of the tape works fine but the clips created from second half are out of sync.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums to Premier Pro.]

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the out of sync constant or does it vary?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is constant.  The dv tape is an hour long but the difficulty happens when I'm slightly more than halfway through the original tape.  I have several other tapes from the same batch and they also go out of sync about halfway through.  They are in sync when I'm simply playing the entire tape in my media player but ONLY when I have it in Premiere and am trying to create sequences past the halfway point.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an issue where the sync wasn't setup correctly to begin with, typically. The audio and video are very slightly different in "speed".

The best 'fix' I've seen for this is to go to the end of the sequence, set your timecode showing to Audio units, unlink the video & audio, then adjust audio speed track either slowing it (to 'extend' it's played time) or speeding it (to 'shrink' its played time).

The goal is to match that to the video track. For those situations where both are constant but not identical, this works to fix that. After finishing, then 'link' the video & audio tracks again.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot of the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Handbrake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Shutter Encoder may also be used to convert to Constant Frame Rate:
https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines