Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Track Mixer Missing Pan Controls

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a weird issue with a multicam sequence. I have two channels of mono audio, properly set up within Modify>Audio, as is the sequence. However, both audio clips are playing as if they're panned hard-left. But within the Audio Track Mixer panel, I have no pan controls, and instead there is an empty grey area where they'd normally be. Both clips are centered within Audio Clip Mixer and the Effect Controls panels.

This is an episodic project, and previous multicam sequences are as expected. My workaround will be to duplicate a previous multicam sequence, and paste the contents of the problematic sequence into it.

Any thoughts woiuld be appreciated.

Premiere 22.5.0 (Build 62)

Windows 10

i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
32.0 GB DDR4

GTX 1070

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen grab would be very helpful. Drag and drop it into your text reply box so we can see it easily.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 10.27.59 AM.png

I have teh same issue .  It looks like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on. a Mac with an M1 chip running 22.5.0  - is Adobe still having issues with M1 chips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out!! At least for my problem.  Premiere wont let you control the CLIP panning until you drop that clip into a sequence.  I had a big 2-CH clip that was going to be dropped all over a sequence at different spots that I needed panned Left and Right.  So I tried to bring it to clip window and pan teh two channels so , wherever I dropped it, it would already be panned (seems like that should be the way to go) - but, while the volume sliders are accessible before editing in, the pan knobs are missing UNTIL you drop it into a sequence 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want mono source to behave like stereo source, select the clip in the Project or Bin and then choose Clip > Modify > Audio Channels to open the Modify Clip dialog box.

WarrenHeaton_0-1668013165243.png

In the Modify Clip dialog box under the Audio Channels tab, change the Preset pop-up menu from "Use File" to "Stereo".

WarrenHeaton_1-1668013272462.png

If you want the Left channel to also go to the Right channel, click the "R" check box.

WarrenHeaton_2-1668013322025.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines