Audio tracks are all labelled "English" after export

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently putting together videos for a client in 7 different languages. I got all my audio tracks routed and mixed correctly, everything works perfectly when exporting to .mov, but once I try to select any audio track from the exported file I get this (screenshot is from VLC, but also happens in all other media players i tried):

PremiereLanguages.jpg

All my tracks are there and playing in the correct language, but for some reason they all say "English". Obviously these should read English/German/French/Spanish/etc - anybody know how I can fix this?

Views

289

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if PP offers an option to change that metadata.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed all the language metadata fields in audition (XMP AS-11) before importing the wav's to premiere, they're all pointing to the correct language.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you export the multiple languages? 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Windowpu What would you suggest would have been the best way to export to retain the track names that were assigned at the settings of the sequence in premiere pro.  Obviously exporting as Quicktime and creating all tracks always leaves the track names as [English]

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flagging audio tracks as different languages is a DVD authoring and a Blu-ray authoring feature that's not supported in Premiere Pro.

 

In a DVD/Blu-ray workflow, we use Premiere Pro to edit the video track and the corresponding audio tracks.  That is then exported in the desired file formats for use in the application being used for authoring where the corresponding language of the audio tracks is assigned (or "flagged").  In DVD authoring, for example, the language track assignment is carried forward to the resulting VIDEO_TS data structure when the DVD title is built for DVD players to recognize later.

 

VLC Player supports appending external audio tracks and then converting the results.  You could give that a try after having exported the video as its own file with no audio and each of the language track mixes as their own files.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines