• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Waves Randomly Disappearing - A UI issue.

Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, it returns when I switch windows, and then return to Pp. But sometimes, I have to restart Pp. Definitely not a file issue - more like UI issue. My Pp is automatically updated on Macbook M1. It's been happening enough times that I now have to report.

PS. I love this forums, because most of my issues here have been addressed by Adobe employees themselves. I'm very satisfied with the service, and I somehow "feel useful" for spotting problems that others are experiencing too. It's been a while since I last cam here to report something. I truly appreciate the Adobe team!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Luis,

Sorry about the issue. We're glad that your experience in the Adobe Community has been a pleasant one. Thank you for your kind words. We truly value your contribution to the community. 

Could you let us know which version of Premiere Pro you're currently working on? Are you having this issue with specific source files or all files? If possible, could you share a screen recording of this issue?

Thanks,

Ishan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan!
My Pp is aautomatically updated, so this one is latest. but I've had this issue even during previous updates. I'm having this issue in all sequences within one file (i only have one file. all my projects are in there) - but all sequences experience this. I could share a screen shot if it happens again today. It happen during random times. My solution usually is just to change windows, say, I go to chrome, then when i get back to premiere, it usually gets fixed. Yesterday though, I had to restart my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened again. 

LuisAzcona_0-1664747220982.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Are you experiencing this issue with specific audio file types? Could you confirm if your current version of Premiere Pro is 22.6.2? Also, could you check if there are any OS updates available? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you're saying the waveforms disappear from the timeline? 

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to automatically update.  Can be dangerous in the middle of a project, although you can revert to an earlier version if necessary.. 

I had a lot of problems working with a first generation m1 laptop...  You might try using the intel version.  I've done that before an update fixed my issue...  May lose some speed, but worth a shot.  Here's a webpage I found telling you how to do it

https://www.macworld.com/article/338843/how-to-force-a-native-m1-mac-app-to-run-as-an-intel-app-inst...

Post back and let us know if this helps.

And you can select the clip in the timeline or bin and go to clip: generate audio waveform.  Might see if that restores them...   And yeah, the Adobe team is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines