• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition Audio @ -3db Premiere @ -6?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all thanks in advance for the help here! I'm using Premiere to edit some podcast audio and I like to level things in Audition when editing using the Edit in Audition tool. In Audition I have the audio at 16 Lufs and limited to -3db, but when I exit and it updates in Premiere the audio is sitting hard limited at -6db...like what the heck? It's almost perfectly limited to -6...any help is so apprecaited!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Audition ducks the levels to -3dB whenever you create a multi-track mix, typically to prevend most common cases of clipping. It could be the result of a similar process happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response, I get that but it seems to be a premiere thing b/c I purposely wanted everything to be hard limited to -3db. On playback in Audition it sounds great, the link to Premiere seems to be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines