Situation: I've got hours of Japanese footage to transcribe. Using the captions tool, the auto transcribe for Japanese is decent. Transcribes as you would think.
Problem: When creating captions on the timeline, a character will say a few words, then stop. For the next few minutes, until someone else speaks, the caption will stay on instead of cutting off at a max length. I refuse to go through hours of footage trimming the subtitles if this isn't a problem in English captions. move already taken this up with Adobe and they said it happens in Spanish too. They know the problem and it's been many months and updates with no fix.
My suggested solution: adding "max duration" to the setting. They already have "minimum duration" but no max. So wtf?
Anyone else have this issue or have a solution? Any work arounds are welcome. I tried turning the captions into graphic text so that I can set the video to a max duration, but to no avail. There's no setting for setting duration length, especially not for multiple.
min the attached example, the subtitle is 40 seconds like. That's not right.
I don't know where to find the bug report. So when I was looking around for Subtitle Edit, I was only given the windows version in my searches. When I looked for the mac one, I did find it, but it's a different developer. For anyone who is looking at this post, it does work. You can also test it for a 7 day free trial, but it's called Subtitle Studio. http://thekeptpromise.com/SubtitleStudio/Thanks for your help Stan! Now Adobe just needs to get on this and fix it. I shouldn't have to use a thir...