• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto cut every "X" seconds

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Is there any way to split automatically a clip in a given amount of time?
I have a 1h:15m video and I need to split it every 10 seconds, and export this individual clips, is there any way to do this in premiere automatically?
Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Also have a project with aroun 100 clips, i would like to bulk export separately all this clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use a macro you may be able to do it fairly quickly but I don't believe there is anything in PPro to do that, nor an auto function.

using the num pad ( with num lock on so those keys see numbers instead of things like 'home' , 'end' , etc...

clicking in the timecode of CTI LOCATION +10.0 ( enter ) will move the CTI 10 seconds ahead. In my case with 23.97 fps it went to 9:23 ( the 24th frame would be 10 ) from zero ( beginning of timeline ) … when I tested it just now.

My keyboard has a built in macro generator ( Omen laptop ).. and I think I can open premiere pro, start the macro recording, click the timecode in PPro type in +10.0 hit enter, choose razor tool and make cut , and END RECORDING.

Then hit that macro key over and over until I'm done with doing that stuff...

As for exporting clips I don't know if you can do that in PPro. Someone else will know.

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i just how how impressred i am by your genius idea? truthfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but you can you explain it in english?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the bulk export see this:
Re: How to export multiple clips quickly?

You can use a similar technique for your interval cuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a layer of images just to jump from segment to segment using macro and razor. Import 50 to 100 images [or more], regardless of whatever they are before importing the video [the smaller the image size the better]. Batch their duration or time length to the desired length [say 5 secs to make it easy] with the ripple/edit box checked. 

Import your video and place it above or below the images. Use macro to jump 5 secs from the image edge to another with a shiftK to cut the desired sequence.

If you like the idea I can make a video to demonstrate

I also use it to create space/gaps between different sequences and insert the cut parts from the different sequences to mix them. The result would be sequence A, B, C, A, B, C, and randomly if I wanted to match the beat of the music track. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend this website  , it is absolutely free and super easy.  https://www.wofox.com/video-editing-tools/cut-story

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines