Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto ducking not being applied on exported video

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been trying to export some video where I've lowered the volume and used the "auto ducking" option to fade music it in and out as my characters speak. All sounds great in Adobe Premiere when editing.

However after I export the track and play it back, the auto ducking hasn't worked and there are no changes to the music at all.

Although further on in exactly the same video, the auto ducking has worked as expected on a different piece of music belonging to a different clip.

I've tried deleting the music and importing it back in, then adding auto ducking again but no joy - it still won't apply the changes when exporting. I was wondering if there is a setting I might have missed or something I've not done when exporting perhaps?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice with this.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Hi Pat5EB4 and for anyone else experiencing the same issue.

I've just contacted Adobe chat and informed them of the problem, tried troubleshooting but no joy.

So they suggested I roll back to V15.2.0 which so far for me is working as it should (fingers crossed) in regards to auto ducking and exporting.

As a result Adobe have submitted the auto ducking porblem as a bug, but in the meantime I hope the above info will help until they release a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, help or suggestions to fix the auto ducking please?

I've experimented since with the auto ducking and even at an auto ducking amount of -48.0, however once the video is exported the auto ducking isn't applied. In fact the only setting which works is to lower the clip volume.

After reading the forums I came across this post from the day before, which sounds exactly the same in regards to the problem with the auto ducking.

Adobe Premiere Forum post July 30th 2021

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/essential-sound-edit-isn-t-taken-into-account-in-the-fin...

Is there any setting which might take precedence and override the auto ducking?

Otherwise is it possible that this a bug which needs reporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this same issue with my projects. Auto ducking appears to be set properly, sounds fine when playing back in the timeline, but upon export there is no ducking at all! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat5EB4

Many thanks for your reply, I thought I was going crazy for last few days. Kept exporting video and checking it over and over again, been checking my speakers, headphones for any problems - even wondered if my hearing was playing up. As all sounds okay on the timeline, but no changes upon export.

That's three of us then and I'm guessing it might be a bug. Although I'm not sure how to request a bug fix, I will look online.

Oh meant to add I'm using V15.4.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not crazy... or hearing imparied! 😉

Same version here - 15.4.0 (Build 47)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat5EB4 and for anyone else experiencing the same issue.

I've just contacted Adobe chat and informed them of the problem, tried troubleshooting but no joy.

So they suggested I roll back to V15.2.0 which so far for me is working as it should (fingers crossed) in regards to auto ducking and exporting.

As a result Adobe have submitted the auto ducking porblem as a bug, but in the meantime I hope the above info will help until they release a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting this.  I'm old school and manually ride by tracks up and down...  but wondering if you've applied the automatic ducking in 15.4 and saved the project, will the AD work if you open the project in 15.2?  Love the fact that I can have multiple versions of the program on my computer.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mgrenadier,

Unfortunately I didn't check to see if auto ducking will work in V15.2 after it's been applied in V15.4. as would have been a good test to do. I'd been changing settings so much trying to get it to work, that after installing V15.2 I applied auto ducking from scratch again then saved the file out of habit.

Just had a look to see if I had any previous versions of the file (saved in V15.4) to test, but just the two and already saved as V15.2 unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That stinks.  Have you tried exporting as a wav file n checking it for the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe did ask me try importing some different music formats into V15.4.0, then export but didn't have any joy for my own part getting it to work. However the problem itself seemed pretty random for me in that auto ducking was working on some pieces of music when exported, but not on others.

Otherwise apologies that I don't have more info, but I haven't tried anything else at this stage. I lost a bit of time trying to get it working, just assumed it was something I'd done in AP settngs or my equipment settings etc. Didn't cross my mind it might be a software problem.

So just working with V15.2.0 (which as of installing it has been working fine for me) and catching up on lost time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm having the same problem with Auto-Ducking not exporting correctly on build 15.4.0 (Build 47). Sometimes it'll act fine in the program and other times I'll go back in and it shows ducking is applied, but certain cuts in the music track will play at un-ducked volumes. I have clear audio type and then reapply "music" as the track type to get ducking to work again in-app. Some parts of the track might be ducked in export, but consistently at least one part won't be ducked down at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

does anyone know if Adobe is fixing this? Same isuue on my side since couple weeks back.

Anoying how simple stuff stops working and one has to spend hours on trying to figure out what is going one and in few weeks and all updates still the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, they just released 15.4.1 and I don't see any mention of the auto ducking issue within the known or fixed issues -
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

I haven't had a chance to test it out though, so maybe it's been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. We'll get the issue checked.

Please stand by!

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has cost me hours of editing time. Please tell me I've not wasted my time updating 15.4.1 after rolling back from the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to rollback two versions. This is basic stuff guys. Who does your testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure it was tested on a variety of computers but it's impossible for adobe to test it on every possible combination of hardware, drivers, peripherals, etc...  I've been doing this way too long, and back in the day, Avid Media Composer was a complete turnkey system where Avid provided everything including the cables (which were beautifully labelled) and updates often broke things on some systems even though Avid was testing the updates on a much more limited variety of configurations.   I'm not an adobe apologist, just a realist...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me and it is very costly & frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still an issue wasted 28 hours of exporting and it happening everytime - did not know it was an issue thought I was doing somehting wrong until I read this - please let us know when it is fixed as 15.4.1 has not worked 😞 😥😣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience. We have logged a bug for it and getting it tested. Meanwhile, you can use the previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro for editing.

We regret the inconvinience caused.

Thank,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have a timeframe in which this will be addressed? I've had this issue for the last month and a half.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, just a quick note - this issue is still out there. Auto-ducking works in Premiere, vanishes after exporting. Nearly los my contract because of that (I know, I know, my fault I didn't double check after uploading movie on my boss' YT). Please fix this bug immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aah, just had this same problem. Finally updated to the newest premiere version, ducking is not working. Tried to export in wav but got the same issue. Annoying as hell, hope this gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh same here.It works fine in the timeline, but the exported one is doomed.

The first ducking "keyframe" seems to be ignored in the exported video.

Even if I am only exporting part of the video with In/Out, or exporting only Audio, I couldn't work around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here and searching internet for solution in past few days , in first export it started middle of the clip and I was in hurry so ditched the auto ducking and I've done that manually but now in another project it effects entire video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines