Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto ducking not being applied on exported video

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been trying to export some video where I've lowered the volume and used the "auto ducking" option to fade music it in and out as my characters speak. All sounds great in Adobe Premiere when editing.

However after I export the track and play it back, the auto ducking hasn't worked and there are no changes to the music at all.

Although further on in exactly the same video, the auto ducking has worked as expected on a different piece of music belonging to a different clip.

I've tried deleting the music and importing it back in, then adding auto ducking again but no joy - it still won't apply the changes when exporting. I was wondering if there is a setting I might have missed or something I've not done when exporting perhaps?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice with this.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Hi Pat5EB4 and for anyone else experiencing the same issue.

I've just contacted Adobe chat and informed them of the problem, tried troubleshooting but no joy.

So they suggested I roll back to V15.2.0 which so far for me is working as it should (fingers crossed) in regards to auto ducking and exporting.

As a result Adobe have submitted the auto ducking porblem as a bug, but in the meantime I hope the above info will help until they release a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with the same problem for weeks. In the meantime I'm (almost) losing my patience. All videos need to be saved multiple times. I try and test it again and again, but after exporting some audio files are linked to the audio track and some are not.

What do you think? How long will it take Adobe to solve the problem? Please, Adobe Team, hurry up!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me nuts!!!! So mych wasted time fixing exporting fixing exporting, I almost don't want to have music or change programs. I wish they would get this fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

A fix for this bug has been released in the Beta version of Premiere Pro [v22.0 Build 87]. Can anyone verify if this is working fine now?

NOTE: Premiere Pro Beta is a separate install and will not interfere with/uninstall the exisiting version of Premiere Pro on your machine.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really helped me out this post - I've struggle with this for my last two projects and it's driven me mad! I had already rolled back but that didn't fix it - hadn't thought of rolling back two versions! That fixed the issue.

Didn't think of contacting support since assumed they wouldn't be much help.

Had been forced to use Alex Audio Butler which is more buggy than Premiere Pro and doesn't seem to be updated anymore. Waste of money that was.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to sort out this issue and help a lot of people out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing is happening to me. I guess I'll be rolling back to a previous version until it is fixed. But, for what we pay for Adobe month after month, I expect better. 

Maybe it's time to begin looking into alternatives...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vainglorious Gaming,

A fix for this bug has been released in the Beta version of Premiere Pro [v22.0 Build 87]. Can you verify if this is working fine now?

NOTE: Premiere Pro Beta is a separate install and will not interfere with/uninstall the exisiting version of Premiere Pro on your machine.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the beta and it just crashed on render

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the roll back worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issues. It seems that if I move one keyframe just a touch, it fixes the issue on export. But it usually takes me 2 or 3 exports before I remember to move a keyframe, which is very annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. It made my show's TV debut get pushed back a week because of it. Grrrrr. v. 15.4.1 (build 6). I just took off ducking and had to manually place all the audio levels. That fixed the export issues. Sadly, I just can't trust ducking right now. Sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem is still occuring, if you have a soundclip or music that starts of ducked you need to manually enter the first key frame. this is the only work around at the moment 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having this same problem and it was SO frustrating. I realized that when it auto ducked it would only do the left channel, I mirrored the autoducking manualling on the right channel and it ended up working for me....

Only been using premiere for 6 months or so, I'm far from an expert but that's what seemed to work for me...

Good luck 🙂 

Zane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to roll back, not sure all captions options are present in previous versions. The problem persists for a time now, same frustration here. Ducking is no option anymore, back to placing manually the audio levels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, 15 has major caption update. Honestly, I've never used autoducking.
I've been doing this for many years and can ride the levels manually almost
in my sleep.. but one of the great features in Premiere is the ability to
have multiple versions on your system so no reason why you can't figure out
how to do your edit in 14 and then open in 15 to do your captions... or
output with audio stems in 15 and bring the file into 14 for ducking.
Workarounds i know but sometimes a lifesaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope Adobe updates us on this issue soon. Been wrestling with this issue the past two months and finally googled it today to see what the problem was. Had to go through a project today and manually duck all the background audio after having exported it 3 times with different auto ducking settings trying to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem on my Premier Pro Projects (Version 22.5.1).

Auto Ducking works in my projects, sur Adobe Premier, but when I export (via Premier Pro or Media Encorder), the level of my audio track does not modulate.

Sometimes it works and, the (exactly same) next export, not.

🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe replied back in August, and it's still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost December and this issue still isn't fixed? So weird it works on some clips and not others... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

is anyone of Adobe also working on the issues here?
Its not the cheapest service and its really sad to pay money for this things which are not working 😄

Topic was opened in July 2021!!

Regards Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had the same issue here! Still waiting for a fix. Spent many hours on many videos where the ducking is works on some and not on others. It's particularly frustrating when it works well in editing, but exported it isn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if the latest update I have just downloaded has fixed the problem I am in th emiddle of a big project and dont want to test it on this one - I will test it on a smaller one but woudl be good to hear if the latest update has fixed the issue -cheers Hieth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

August 2022 and the problem is still happening. Drove me crazy. But I think it only happens when, after activating autoduck, something is changed about the video of the audio it pertains to. Then apparently it forgets its autoduck settings. So each time I change something about the audio, I re-enable autoduck. So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Wouter25720700evld comment saved me, I selected all music and re-enabled duck settings before editting and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines