• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Reframe now available in Premiere Pro (14.0)!

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heads up, the Auto Reframe effect is available to the public! It’s easier than ever to prepare your project for multi-platform posting, without having to leave Premiere Pro! Here’s a quick walkthrough with all the info you need to get the best results out of this new feature.

Here's the breakdown.

1.  Auto Reframe is best used after you've locked down your cut, but before adding transitions to your clips! Consider it a finishing tool.
  2.  Make sure you have a clear subject in the frame. Like all AI tools, Auto-Reframe performs better when it is tracking an object of high contrast.
  3.  You can apply it to a single clip by finding "Auto Reframe" in the Effects panel and dragging it to the clip in your timeline.
  4.  A more common use is to apply the effect to an entire sequence – when you're done editing and you're preparing the post for multiple social platforms. Sequence > Auto Reframe Sequence... 
    You can also right-click the sequence in your project panel to select "Auto Reframe Sequence..."
  5.  In the dialog box that appears, rename your sequence.
  6.  Choose the aspect ratio that you want your project framed within. See below for more details. 
  7.  Choose whether you'd like to nest your reframed clips or not. Auto Reframe creates keyframes on your Effect Controls panel, so if you choose not to nest your clips, it will replace any keyframes that you created before applying the effect. If you do nest your clips, it will preserve your keyframes, but it will break transitions between your clips. Choose wisely! 😁

•  Horizontal 16:9 is like what you'd see on YouTube.
  •  Horizontal 4:3 is similar, but it's not as wide. You'll see this aspect ratio more on Instagram posts.
  •  Square 1:1 is also very common on Instagram.
  •  Vertical 9:16 is great for posting stories on most social platforms.
  •  Custom is up to you

Auto Reframe User Guide Documentation

Recommended Content

Introducing Auto Reframe for Premiere Pro | Adobe Max 2019 | Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe

Back from AdobeMAX | NEW Auto-Reframe in Premiere Pro (November 2019 release)
Jason Levine

New Premiere Pro 2020 Effect! How to Auto Reframe Video to Any Size
Premiere Gal

What's New in Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 (Auto-Reframe) (Fall Nov 2019 Updates)
Justin Odisho

Easily Create Vertical Video For Social Media with Auto Reframe for Adobe Premiere
Becki and Chris

Feel free to reach out with any questions!
Back to Premiere Pro (14.0) New Features post

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if this was possible via Adobe Media Encoder so I could export all aspect ratios at a bunch of resolutions at once, and have the transitions be applied after the reframe operation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to upvote the following feature request.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@carolinesears. What is the best way to edit the position of keyframes once the effect is applied. Currently it says "Motion (disabled when Auto Reframe is applied). I can edit the timing etc., but not position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set defaults for the pixel dimensions of each of the aspect ratios for auto-reframe? When exporting for social using the 4x5 aspect ratio - the ideal size that the platforms want the file is 1080x1350, but the dimensions that Premiere Pro generates are based on the source footage so I'm getting sequences with 576x720 or 864x1080 which Instagram has had issues with.

It's clear that it's looking to make the height of the source files the driver of the output, but I'm curious if there's a way to customize the output so we can have consistently sized content.

I have been able to edit after the fact to change the sequence settings and the reframe reprocesses to match the new size, but it would be nice if there was a default so we don't have to change the settings for each video after the auto-reframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any answer on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've had this same problem. I'd like to be able to see the size of the new sequence in the selection panel where I choose the auto-reframe ratio - ideally we should have the option to change the default sizing at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is auto reframe available on premier pro-2019? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been around for a few years now, but I'm not sure...

Adobe uses the N-1 feature in terms of support, so your best bet is to update to the latest version of CC anyway... CC2019 will no longer receive proper support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to add the ability to add custom words? Like take a sample audio and customize a recognizable word for future videos? this would be especially useful with niches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to use auto frame if there are two people in a shot? I edit talks shows into vertical social media clips, and I'm constantly having to adjust my auto frame back and forth depending on who's talking. Can auto frame detect who is talking in the two-shot and focus on that person? Is there a work around if not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment, I don't think Auto reframe supports this, but it sounds like a genuine request. Please use the Provide feedback option under the help menu to create a feature request for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks will do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new update is terrible for transcribing. Trying to edit a new sequence, only, isn't an option but it's forcing us to edit the entire video instead. When we do transcibe with captions, which is the only option for a sequence made from the main video, it's out of place and we don't have the option to edit captions the AI can't comprehend beforehand. Not only that but it's incredibly laggy, the yellow bar above the words near time stamps goes away and make the video black until you adjust it or restart premiere pro. Whatever you guys did, you made it excrutiatingly awful. Please revert back to the way it was before I switch to a different product. Very unhappy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry,

I hear your frustration. But you can transcribe and create captions just as before. Check Edit -> Preferences -> Transcript. If you have autotranscribing of source clips turned on, turn it off.

Screenshots of the problems on the timeline might help.

I suggest starting a new thread regarding your caption issues.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is reallyy weird

when I generate text-based editing transcript, suddenly 80% of Transcript language is automatically changed. 

The original trancript was written in korean, and when I transscribe sequence, it is also done in korean. 

Also my default transcription Language is Korean.... but only generate text-based editing transcript changes it into English. is there a way to put default langauge setting when I use this function? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SUBIN30290640x4pe,

Try deselecting the "autodetect" language. It must be overriding your default setting.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hai this is paluri from india i like this premier pro editing software but one problem that is i have low spects pc hy the app is not coming pls repair this issue as soon as possible i request that pls help mee to edit in this app thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines