• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Reframe Problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While using auto reframe sequence to Vertical - my images stay the same size (1920x1080) in the new vertical frame. Why dont my clips change to vertical ratio?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Reframe does not change the orientation of the clip, it identifies the actions in your video and reframes (uses Motion > Position) the clips for different aspect ratios.  

You can find more information at:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/auto-reframe.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNFFrn1WrR8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the example tutorial, when she applies the auto reframe sequence, the image then fills the entire vertical picture. When I do that, it has bars on the top and bottom. How do i adjust it to not do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your origianl Sequence the same frame size as your clips?

If you drag your clip to the New Item icon (bottom right of Project panel), it will create a Sequence that is the same frame size as the clip. Right-click that Sequence in the Project panel and choose Auto Reframe Sequence > Aspect Ratio > Vertical 16:9. This should create a sequence in the Auto Reframed Sequences folder that has same height as your original Sequence, so that you should not have black bars. eg: 1920x1080 original Sequence with Auto Reframe Vertical 9:16 will create a 607x1080 Auto Reframed Sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 2.50.10 PM.pngThanks for these steps. I followed them exactly and still have black bars on the top and bottom of my vertical frame. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact thing happens to me on one PC but does not on another PC with the exact same settings. There must be something system related causing this to not work correctly.  You should not need to select rescale to sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am having some troubles with auto reframe. Firstly, I am confused with the resolution from horitontal to vertical. So I want to go from 1920x1080 to 1080x1980. The reframe option is vertical 16:9. Above, Trent mentions it creates a '607x1080 Auto Reframed Sequence' but I dont think that is correct.. in sequence settings it is indeed 1080x1980 but the video preview in the settings further down are 608x1080. If Editing Mode at the top is set to custom, you can change this vidoe preview mode from I-frame to Quicktime or GoPro and it updates the 'program' panel to showing the full resolution/sizing. Why??

Second, problem I am having now is that all text and captions and some videos just are not showing. Any suggestions? Sooo annyoing would have been quicker to reframe manual.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, that is odd. By any chance did you modify Motion > Scale or use Scale to Frame Size or Set to Frame Size or Default Media Scaling set to Scale to frame size or Set to frame size in Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected Scale to Frame Size just now and it seems to have worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the solution! I've been having the same issue for ages and it took so long to figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you solve your problem ? I have the exact same thing happening to me and I don't understand why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone gotten this working?  I have never been able to use auto reframe as all it does is shrink the ratio to 9x16 and add black bars to the top and bottom of the video.  Analyze and render do nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: If I nest the video, it works. But if I don't choose to nest, it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines