Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Auto save files wont open anymore

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere crashed multiple times.

Now it won't open the auto-save files anymore. I just get a blank screen.

The same goes for older versions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018
Trying resetting the preferences of the latest version of Premiere Pro as follow - To reset preferences, follow this step: Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears. To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option keys when the splash screen appears.Try open...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro, open the project and go to Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout.

Hopefully this solves the issue with the blank screen.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a blank screen like a blank program monitor.

Premiere Pro does not open anymore at all. Instead it only gives me a white screen.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, click on the wrench down right in the Program panel and make sure that Composite Video is selected rather than Alpha.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't access Premiere. A blank screen is what I get when I try to open the application. Schermafbeelding 2018-11-28 om 12.10.00.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It tried older versions. Now I can open them but I get this warning

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-28 om 12.12.28.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it seems the project is messed up. I can't play anything and it keeps crashing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying resetting the preferences of the latest version of Premiere Pro as follow -

To reset preferences, follow this step:

• Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

• To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option keys when the splash screen appears.

Try opening the project again.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this did the trick!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually not the right answer doing this changes absolutely nothing 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry. This is a 3 year old post from the past. Can you give us more info on your system and media? Have you tried importing your old project into a new one? Try that, and report back.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines