• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Tone All Clips with One Click

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question, I am wondering if there is a way to add the auto tone lumetri effect to all of the clips in a timeline/sequence in one click. This is a great addition, if you could add this to all of the clips in a timeline that would be revolutionary. That would allow us to basically put a starting lut on all of the clips in a timeline immediatley that would give us a base color correction (helps in assembly with LOG footage and footage that is already color corrected).

I have a timeline of documentary footage with 9 different cameras. If I could add auto tone to all of the clips that would save me putting seperate lumetri color effects on basically 10,000 clips as I do the assembly. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Adobe User Voice to request features. Make sure to search in case this has already been requested

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I noted in the thread of this query in the public beta discussions, I don't think there's a way to set a default "on" for auto-tone.

But there is a way to handle the problem he has and that will drastically speed up his workflow.

One thing I would suggest, especially when you're working with mulitple cameras ... bulk corrections applied to the clips in a bin! I covered this with my 2021 MAX S565 session, "Thinking like a Colorist: Color Correction in Premiere Pro". Free for anyone to watch the half-hour show.

Take a camera, make a sequence of maybe one or a few clips from it. If multiple clips, do the Lumetri work in an Adjustment layer so it applies to all clips, and check how it affects different clips, to get a good "average" set of settings. With one clip, just use the Lumetri panel in the color workspace on the clip.

Now ... "normalize" that clip to the tonal settings and color settings that work for that camera. Normalizing is a step that sets the tonal ranges to pretty close to full black-to-white but without crushing any blacks or clipping whites. And set the tonal values with shadow, highlights, wheels or curve tools to look visually "normal". Include using the Curves tab for any hue modifications to make a camera more "blendable" with other cams say if the skin tones are slightly yellower or greens a bit towards blue or yellow comparatively.

Now go to the Lumetri tab's 3-bar menu, and select "save as preset". Name and describe what happens in it.

Do that for your other cams in normal use.

Now ... you can simply select a bin of clips, drag/drop the appropriate preset you've made onto the group, and that Lumetri instance will be applied to all of the clips' "Source" settings. And show in any use of any bit of any of those clips anywhere in the project.

This is the fast and accurate way to 'normalize' tons of clips in bulk corrections. Doing this can make shotmatching so much faster and better in results.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines