• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Transcript stays perpetually on "Creating Auto Transcription"

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My office has noticed this issue a lot recently. While trying to do transcriptions of interviews, the transcription appears to start but then just stays perpeturally  stuck on Creating Auto Transcription. The program isn't frozen, I can naviage within it, save projects, etc. but it doesn't advance and create a transcription.

Thing is it appears to be arbitrary too, because some sequences will transcribe while others won't. Yet both were shot on the same cameras. And this is within the same project I might add. 

Just fyi: transcribing in English, yes we have the language pack downloaded. Premiere Pro 22.3.1.

Editing on Dell Precision 7560. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has occurred for what I believe are different reasons as the speech to text functionality evolved. I am  having no problems, but it has a lot of moving parts....

@Alexander Riss Do we have a list of troubleshooting steps for the latest versions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I've found that trasncribing in tiny chunks but uising in and outs helps. We managed to do the offending sequences, but some required as breaking it up into segments less than a minute long to make it work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you found a workaround.

Can you post a screenshot of an offending sequence?

So you set an in/out of, for example, half the sequence? And maybe it works? Then the other half, and maybe it doesn't, etc?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem on nested multicam sequences. I've found I can open in timeline the original multicam sequence  where I see all cameras as separate tracks, and then manually run the Transcribe sequence in there, then export transcript, and import that transcription into the sequence I want it in. So it works in a round-a-bout kind of way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines