Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AUTO TRANSCRIPTIONS NOT SAVING

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I love the auto transcription feature; the only issue is the transcriptions never seem to save to the cloud. I often have to re-render and transcribe again. Any workaround for this? Something I'm missing?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "save to the cloud"? The transcription may occur in the cloud, but it immediately downloads to your computer and is saved in the project file.

Do you see the transcription in the Text Panel, Transcription Tab? Did you save your project?

What version of Premiere Pro are you running?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. I transcribed 5 sequences on Friday, just returned to the office to continue working, and none of the transcripts are there when I reopened the project.  Attempting to transcribe again, but if this is a repeated issue, then the transcription function is basically useless. 

Any fixes?

iMac 27-inch 2019

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

128GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding on to this,

It apears that I can only have one transcript at a time. If I render a new transcript of a separate timeline, it overwrites the previous on, and can only have a single transcript working at a time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted above, transcriptions are saved in your project.

And ... do you have the transcription track active for those sequences?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, they are not saved with the project. As none of the transcriptions are available after reopening the saved project.

Can you please be more specific? There are no tracks for transcriptions, maybe I am missing something. I generated them through the Text panel under "Transcript"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it is operating properly, the transcript does not disappear, and is saved in the Project File. So the question is when is it disappearing?

> I generated them through the Text panel under "Transcript"

And you see the actual transcription in that Transcript Tab of the Text Panel? If you leave that sequence and come back, is it still there? It should not matter, but are you creating captions from the transcript?

> It apears that I can only have one transcript at a time. If I render a new transcript of a separate timeline, it overwrites the previous on, and can only have a single transcript working at a time. 

This is not normal. You can create a transcript for any number of sequences; even create more that one at a time when I last checked. (But I have not tested with the new local transcription.)

As a  test, create a simple test Project. Add one video, create a sequence, and create a transcription. Save. Close. Reopen. Is the transcription there? If not, can you share the project? The video is not needed, just the project file.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help. This is exactly what I have been doing. And whenever I re-open the project, there are no transcriptions save in the Transcrip panel. Everything is gone.

If I repeat the process from scratch, it will only allow one transcript. Everytime I change sequences, it only shows the transcript that I just rendered, it does not switch over to previously rendered ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can try and share the project. I appreciate your help on this. I have 6 or so interviews that are each 30-45 minutes and would love to be able to utilize the transcripts ont his edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached the project file above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the project and off-lined all media, etc.

Of the sequences in the folder Interviews, ALL have trancripts except for 2 shot, Haddie, Joseph joke, marketing, mom, and tina.

Does that make any sense?

Try creating a caption track with one of them, or a new one if you don't see any. Does that work?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!

Sadly, it seems like a bug. I know that I have made transcriptions of each of the aforementioned sequences; but they just didn't show up in the project when I was working. They would intermittently show up and disappear.

I haven't used transcriptions since that project because it was a waste of valuable time.  I am on the new Mac Studio and will try again on a new project to see how it works. I previously never had any issues with transcripts when I was editing on PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deluciar,

Welcome back and Happy New Year! Sorry to hear there was no magic.

I'm on PC, and just tested again, this time on PR 2023.1. Many of the sequences have transcripts. I understand the intermittent nature of your problem, and my failure to see a problem means nothing, except that the transcripts are in the project file (which is where they are saved).

I'd file a bug report. The new method for bug reports is here in the forum. Click on Post to Community and click on "Bug" as post type.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Was there ever a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same issue except I'm only rendering one transcription. I've had to re-transcribe several times now because it seems that several times after I close the project it goes away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deluciar did not respond further, so we do not know. I am not convinced that transcriptions just go missing, but I am open to the possibility. In the case above, there were several sequences with transcripts.

In your case, the "several times" suggests an intermittent problem. If you open the project and find the transcription missing, DO NOT save it. Close the project, and send me a copy of the project file - I do not need the assets (video files, etc). I"ll check it for me. I'll send info by private messge.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miguel, I understand you can't share the project file. I have no solution for this problem. The transcript is saved in the project file. So I wondered if there's a way to understand what has gone wrong.

I would try contacting support if the problem continues. And I would file a bug report.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

March of 2023 and this is happening to me as well. At first, the workaround would be to open another transcripted clip and reopen the one you wanted. But now that doesn't even work anymore. Most of my transcripts are gone and only a few are still present. Any newly generated transcript goes through the generating process, but nothing to show after, leaving a blank slate in the Transcript tab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines