• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best jog control for scrubbing timeline

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a truly rapid shuttle/jog controller that will scrub the Premiere timeline that goes beyond the slow speeds of simply tapping K/L 3 times? Over a decade ago, I was working on Leitch's dpsVelocity, and that jog controller was lightning fast and responsive. 

The ShuttlePROv2 does NOT jog any faster than simply tapping L three times. There has to be a faster shuttle/jog system than that. If I am programming my ShuttlePRO v2 improperly and am not aware there is a much faster shuttle setting, please let me know.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How disappointing that even after 10 months, no one bothered to respond to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your budget? At the lower end, there aren't too many choices than the Shuttle Pro. Sorry about that. There is also the Tourbox Neo that looks interesting. Otherwise, you're looking at the more pricey options from JL Cooper or the like. As a former linear video editor, I come from the jog/shuttle world, so I understand your needs.

Premiere Pro used to have a software version of a jog/shuttle, but it was removed. For me, combinations of JKL get me past the need to use a jog/shuttle wheel but I have many years of rote experience and feel quite comfortable avoiding any hardware device to jog/shuttle. Let me know if you need any tips or advice along those lines.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably use the jkl mostly, but I just figured a way to have a numeric number pad and also my long not-used ShuttleExpress with my physical Desk and Keyboard setup. It works great, yes, you must be missing something in your programming. 

Use the J and L keys inside the shuttle you can do the basics first using Shuttle in Right 1-7, and Shuttle in Left 1-7. That will show you basically what to do. Just press an L key for each right rotation increase, same with J using the left increases. 

Let me know how you do and I can offer a few other tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found that Loupedeck works quite well for this by assigning rotate actions to the analog nobs. 

The built in '(Direct) Tramsport' options include both 'Jog' and 'Shuttle'  that can be assigned to the timeline. 

My configuration works on 'Loupedeck Live S' on MacOS Sonoma + Premiere Pro, I have not tried with any other Loupedeck device. Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 9.50.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines