Exit

Best Practice question from newbie

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so this may be a dumb question but here's my scenario:

I have 30 videos that are 2 minute-ish long Q&As

I want to be able to have intro and endings output with each of the videos so they are little branded video Q&As

I've been putting them on a timeline with layers for intro / outro, adjustment layer above all so I can swap video in and out on the video layer etc

I'm creating captions for wach video as well

I've basically been dragging video segment to timeline, lining it up beetween intro and outro based on length of clip and outputting it to media

Then I delete video from timeline and do it with the next one, generate new captions for it, output that media ....

However, if I wanna go back and edit/make changes, of course, I have to start from scratch with each video clip for each Q&A segment.

I know there's a better way to handle this but don't know how to ask the question here to get a thread / tutorial to follow.

Thank you for any help!! - Steven

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: You can have multiple timelines in Premiere. You can bring each video to the page turn/New Item button on the lower right of the project panel. This will create a timeline with that video. Also, your intro can be brought into your timeline from the project panel and if you hold down Control on Windows or Command on Mac the intro would be inserted in front of your video if you drag it to that spot in the timeline. I hope this helps with some of your questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Trying this approach now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would set this up as a 'template' sequence operation.

• Make a sequence with intro/outro on V2.
  • For each new clip, duplicate the sequence in the bin, rename to that ep.
  • open in timeline panel, drop your vid in place, adjust as needed.
  • Save & export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Trying this approach now as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines