• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bins still have issues

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came back to Adobe after a couple years.  I was dissapointed to see some of the same problems are still there.  Mostly issues with bins.

When I open a bin, it opens full-size on my second monitor that I use for my program screen.  Even if I resize it and move it to my main editing screen and save my workspace, bins still open on second monitor.  It didn't use to be this way about 5 years ago.  I could open a bin and resize the panel and all the bins would open on main monitor editing screen.  It's frustrating to keep moving these bin panels back to editing screen and resizing it after I close one.

Also, every now and then a new bin will make the program panels stop responding visually to input.  Like dragging the scrubber.  It doesn't show the scrubber moving but it is as you can see the footage moving.  The scrubber doesn't catch up to the right spot until I do something like hit play.  I also found out that making a new bin didn't do this if I kept the name "Bin".  But as soon as I changed the name of the bin, the problem would start.  

These issues have been going on for years.  Adobe should be ashamed to still have these going on.  We pay a premium fee for this software and expect better.  Stop adding features and just fix what is there.  Dealing with these issues kills a day.  My time is valuable too, Adobe.

intel 2.7ghz quad core

GTX 970 GPU

64gb RAM

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fasinating ... your problem with bins!

For me, I run the Project panel on a second monitor through all my 7 custom workspaces, and want my bins to open in the Project panel on that monitor.

But quite frequently on restarting Premiere, the Production panel that 'houses' all my projects/bins is still open on the second monitor, but the Project panel and open bins are in that lower-left quadrant panel on the 'main' screen.

And this behavior has been noted by a number of other users.

Exactly opposite from what you're getting!

Wondering what your default bin opening actions are set as in the Preferences ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What monitor do you have your program screen on?  I always liked my program screen in full size on second monitor all by itself.  Keeps that screen clean for just showing what's on timeline.  All editing and panels are usually on my main screen.  Isn't this the purpose of the custom workspaces and being able to move panels around.  Make it how you like it.  I can't figure out why all my bins only open on the monitor with my program screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My OS listed main monitor is where I have the Premiere main window.

I've got 3 other monitors also connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines