• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bitrate of the output file is different after rendering with Hardware Acceleration

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that if I choose the Hardware Acceleration option when rendering, the bitrate of the resulting video doesn't match to what was chosen in the export settings. Generally, it becomes 10-11 times lower. This happens with either CBR or VBR (1 pass).

With Software Acceleration, everything matches perfectly.

Do you happen to know what might cause the problem?

My CPU is Intel Core i7 9700KF (without integrated graphics), and my GPU is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650.

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Hardware acceleration" of H.264 encodes is done in the computer's CPU ... and so actually according to how that particular chip's H.264 encoding 'engine' is setup, and outside of Premiere's control. So yea, that's a weird thing for us users, but you have to suss out by testing what sort of settings get what you want in the end.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines