Hello- For the past serval weeks I've been having an off and on issue with text not displaying in my edit. CC desktop app is on and all my adobe fonts are active. Mid week, I can't get anything to display. I used the remover tool and re-installed everything and still no luck. Manaul deleteed all cache files as well.
I am using Dell Precision 7920, Win 10, Quadro P2200 card and everything is up to date. Please see the attached for visual reference.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. At the moment I am at a work stoppage becasue of this issue.
It seems like the position of your text is off-screen.
This is a good observation that I didn't pick up. I adjusted position, size and alignment and still no text. I really appreciate you responding.
I attached another grab. This time of a brand new text layer which will show this happens even when creating new. My sequence is Editing Mode- DSLR 1920x1080.
On the menu bar, go to File > Project Settings > General, and set the renderer to Software Only. See if anything changes. Also please attach the project if you don't mind, I'll try to have a look on my system to troubleshoot it.
Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate the issue. This seems like an issue specific to your setup. The text displays fine on mine.
Did you try resetting Premiere's preferences? Re-installing?
I went by Adobe's spec and used their removal tool and re-installed everything. I was afraid this may be isolated to my system. Not sure what my next steps will be but I am going to first try to deactivate all my Adobe fonts and reactivate one by one.
Looks like I solved the issue. I had 3k+ fonts active, so I deactived all, then activated only the two fonts I am using for my current project. Now, no issues.
Thank F#$!ing god! I've been going out of my mind struggling with this same text issue for months now, removed all the fonts, and now I can finally see text again. Thanks for figuring this one out sir!
I'm glad things are back to normal.
Scratch that... I see you've answered that in the previous post, apologies!
No worries. I always think all my Adobe issues are isolated just to my system. Just to summarize, I deactivated all my Adobe Fonts, which was in the range of 3k+. I never co-mingle systems with third party. Back in the day when I was on Mac, yes but now I keep my system fonts factory. Any third party activation I use an app called Font Expert. In all my experience I found Font Expert to be the best.
After deactivating, I activated the one font I was using for the project and haven't had an issue since.
For now, I keep my Adobe Fonts activation under 100 fonts and activating as needed.
Good to know for the future, thank you for that 🙂
Glad it worked out eventually. It's always a nightmare figuring out these system-specific ghosts.
I'm glad you got it figured out and that things are working for you again. For future reference, if you get things like position or other properties way out of bounds, you can use the little Reset Effect button in the Effect Controls Panel, which you can see in this image: