• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Magic Decklink 8K Pro issu while using Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My company installed a new edit suite, and there seems to be an issue with playback. It's a Mac Pro Rack with a BlackMagic DeckLink 8K Pro card installed. I'm working in Premiere with 4K footage (3840 x 2160 Frame Rate: 23.976) and playing out SDI  in/out to SDI in on a Canon DP-V3120 31 reference monitor. The problem is during playback, the video isn't playing on monitor. I saw some issues with this card not working well with Premiere while going through some forums, and according to Blackmagic tech I spent 20 minutes on the phone with this morning, there are no issues with this set up. I've changed sequence settings, tried different footage etc. without success. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work with Resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that Premiere downconverts to the 2K DCI aspect ratio and not a 16X9 aspect ratio.  If your monitor can't handle the 2K DCI signal, it will go blank.  I know first hand it works fine in Davinci Resolve and from what I hear, it works in other editing software with a Black Magic card.  It also is a problem in After effects. If you set your timeline/sequence resolution to exactly what your monitor can handle, it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines