• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Magic Raw color corrections don't seem to be working

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new user of Black Magic Raw, and I'm in the color correction/grading process of my film right now using Premiere Pro 22.4.0.

We shot in 6k, and I'm using a Windows 10 PC.

In some of my sequences, when I click on the BRAW tab in Effect Controls, Decode Clip, As Shot, and start adjusting things like gamma, I can see no changes in the shot's colors in the editing window, no matter what adjustments I make.

If I reset the BRAW to Camera Metadata and then put a LUT adjustment layer over the footage, color changes are visible.

What's further mystifying is that on three short clips in a different sequence, I made BRAW tab adjustments and everything seemed to work as it was supposed to. But in every other sequence I've tried in the project, the adjustments made in the BRAW tab appear to have no effect.

Any ideas on why this would happen?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you can't have both the freebie plugin from BlackMagic and the better one from Autokroma installed at the same time. I work a lot of braw, and always had troubles with the BM plugin. So I got the paid version of Autokroma's plugin ... and it just works. Always.

And Autokroma's site has better support for the BM plugin than BM has too ... so you might go to the Autokroma site and look for their support docs on braw and Premiere Pro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the year 2022 Premiere Pro should support BRAW without 3rd party plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With two usable free plugins, from BlackMagic and from Autokroma, I'd personally rather the devs handled some of the more major messes. Like building a unified CM Panel ... sorting the Red and Arri issues some are having ... sorting the whys that some users are getting screaming performance and others getting creeping crud on similar gear ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that 3rd party developers are creating the BRAW plugins might explain why we get poor performance with BRAW. Should we download plugins for DV-25, DV-50, HDV, AVCHD, R3D etc? One of the reasons for the switch to the Creative Cloud was that new codecs could be added ASAP instead of waiting for a new release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRAW plays like butter on my machine  ... just saying

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With high quality playback enable does you CPU and GPU useage change when you switch from full resolution to 1/2 resolution? Could you do a quick screen recording?  My system uses the same amount of resources if I am at full or 1/4 resolution. That is not how it should work. I used to be able to switch to 1/2 or 1/4 resolution to playback more layers. That is not the case on my setup now and hasn't been for a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks to a well-versed friend of mine, I have the solution to this particular problem.

Make sure proxies are turned off.

As soon as I did that, all my adjustments became visible. Boy, did I feel dumb.

On a related note, do NOT attempt to install Autokroma without FIRST uninstalling BRAW. It almost completely destroyed my entire project. I had to retreat to a two-day-old backup and STILL had files that Premiere Pro completely lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Several people seem to have problems with the BRAW plugins. I think Premiere Pro should support BRAW without plugins. I don't have a BMD cameras but I do test BRAW files on my YouTuve channel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines