• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Screen on GPU Acceleration

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I have researched every post I could find about this issue and I am creating this post because I need a better solution than the ones I have found. 

Whenever I select CUDA in the project settings aa opposed to Software, I get a black screen on my source files and playback. I have already went into my preferences and adjusted all the settings to enable GPU acceleration. I have tried both the most up-to-date Gaming/Studio drivers since the timing of this post. 

I cannot see my 5K R3DCODE footage unless I use software only. I, like many others do not want to use software encoding. I want to use my hardware. I input my source files into NLEs like After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, REDCINE PRO and can access and enable GPU acceleration and encoding without black screen or playback issues. This problem is specifically isolated on Premiere Pro and I am having little to no luck finding the proper solution.

SYSTEM:

WINDOWS 10 HOME

AMD THREADRIPPER 3960X 

MSI VENTUS 3X 3080 

64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200

2TB VIPER GEN 4 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Hi there, we did some work on .R3D files in the latest Beta build if you'd like to try it out. Make sure to clear the cache as well! Let us know if it fixes your issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. When I have the Renderer set to CUDA setting or the "Enable Hardware Accelerated encoding and decoding (requires restart) selected, the .R3D files don't display in my program window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the new RTX 3080 video card btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the latest drivers? I know Nvidia recently fixed some of the bugs with the 3080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could try a clean install of the drivers as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the 3090. Latest november studio drivers did not fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently also been having the same issue for a few months now and still have not found a fix for it and I'm rocking a 2070 Super so its definitely not an issue specifcally with the 30 series gpus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with 1070Ti, already did clean install with most updated drivers...

Might finally push me to move to FCX...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone found a fix for this? 2k on a 3090 and its pretty much worthless at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hopefully you found a fix, if not, what worked for my was underclocking it below the factory overclock on msi afterburner, seems to have worked on my 1660

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same problem with 2070 Super and all the latest drivers and software. I will formatted my PC hoping that this will fix the problem because I have tried everything ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you overclocked your graphics card at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I underclocked my factory OC GPU to solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody have a fix on this? I've also got this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fixes yet? Having the same problem with my 2060s and it's been driving me mad. Tried the latest drivers and every other driver back a year+. Makes me completely useless as an editor. Stumbling to the finish line on my current projects then going to give Resolve a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem with RTX 2060. Better use DRP rather than PP, waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with the 3080.
No overclocks and latest drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with RTX2080. Newest Premiere Version 15.2;  Nvidea Studio Driver without Geforce Experience;

I am getting randomly Black Screen during editing with H264 Clips.

There are a lot of threads on this issue (since years!) Seems to be a major problem with CUDA and Premiere. Is there any official answer from Adobe?

Are there any AMD users here having the same problem with OpenCl? I am thinking of a switch to AMD 6900, but it is very expensive and I don`t wan't to waste the money for just a test. Maybe Adobe and Nvidea should just "do their homework" and getting this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to chime in this is an ongoing issue for me as well.

RTX 3070, latest drivers, latest version on Premiere.  It's driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still happening to this date.
GTX 1050 Ti, using ultra key on h264 video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found this black-screen issue comes up when another process is also using GPU acceleration, that doesn't play well with Premiere. Surprisingly, Chrome, Brave or any Chromium-based browser is one of them. If you have this browser up, go into settings and disable

"Use hardware acceleration when available"

and restart the browser. This has fixed the issue several times for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently having the same issue with an RTX 3090. Read through what worked for some people in here and I already had the GPU underclocked with MSI Afterburner and I tried disabling GPU acceleration on the browser as well. Tried both the latest Game Ready and Studio drivers and Premiere is updated. Wasn't having this issue before today, however I'm pretty sure I updated to the latest Studio driver since using Premiere last and I'm not sure but I think I also updated Premiere recently too, so I'm wondering if something might have changed in an update. Any new ways to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. 

I did not found a fix for it, however after I update premiere pro, and a few other drives the problem did not happened again. 
Please find my premiere pro and Nvidia version below.

Premiere Version: 22.1.2
Nvidia Driver: 512.15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, we did some work on .R3D files in the latest Beta build if you'd like to try it out. Make sure to clear the cache as well! Let us know if it fixes your issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines