• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Screen on GPU Acceleration

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I have researched every post I could find about this issue and I am creating this post because I need a better solution than the ones I have found. 

Whenever I select CUDA in the project settings aa opposed to Software, I get a black screen on my source files and playback. I have already went into my preferences and adjusted all the settings to enable GPU acceleration. I have tried both the most up-to-date Gaming/Studio drivers since the timing of this post. 

I cannot see my 5K R3DCODE footage unless I use software only. I, like many others do not want to use software encoding. I want to use my hardware. I input my source files into NLEs like After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, REDCINE PRO and can access and enable GPU acceleration and encoding without black screen or playback issues. This problem is specifically isolated on Premiere Pro and I am having little to no luck finding the proper solution.

SYSTEM:

WINDOWS 10 HOME

AMD THREADRIPPER 3960X 

MSI VENTUS 3X 3080 

64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200

2TB VIPER GEN 4 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Hi there, we did some work on .R3D files in the latest Beta build if you'd like to try it out. Make sure to clear the cache as well! Let us know if it fixes your issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@caroline_edits is this fix in the new 22.6.2? This fix is a big deal and has nearly tanked my projects for the last 7 months so it's extremely important to me that I can use the program correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, we have a potential fix in Premiere Pro beta 24.0! Please let us know if this works for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! We have a potential fix available in the latest beta of Premiere Pro (version 24.0)

If you'd like, you can try your R3D footage in that version of Premiere. Please let us know if the issue is not fixed for you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines